Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RDMOCALA

RVF Regular
Has anyone had the issue of connecting their sewer hose to the black outlet fitting in the wet bay? No matter how much I swivel the black pipe outlet pipe up or down I cannot get the hose to connect. I've tried a 45 degree fitting. This pushed the connection point out too far over the floor opening. Right now I have to add a 90 degree fitting to the pipe and turn it to the left. Then I snake a 2' hose up through the floor opening and bend it around to 90 degrees to mate up to the 90. It all works but seems like this connection should be easier. It appears that the floor opening was installed too far in under the outlet pipe.

Looks like they made the hole in the wet bay floor, before installing the plumbing? I wonder if the plumbing can be re-done, or you can install a one size bigger port hole?
They are sold in the marine stores.

@RDMOCALA ... I know exactly what you are talking about. Luckily I was able to find a really short 90 degree fitting to make it work. I have heard of others that had to recut the hole in the wet bay floor. That might be where you are headed. Maybe one of those folks will post how they did it.

FLSteve :unsure:

IMG_3002.jpg

I have always needed a 90-degree elbow just as @FLSteve has posted. I actually just leave mind attached and moved the cap that is on the sewer wye that Newmar installs to the end of the elbow.

I have always needed a 90-degree elbow just as @FLSteve has posted. I actually just leave mind attached and moved the cap that is on the sewer wye that Newmar installs to the end of the elbow.
X2.
Camping World carries the short clear 90 degree.

Has anyone had the issue of connecting their sewer hose to the black outlet fitting in the wet bay? No matter how much I swivel the black pipe outlet pipe up or down I cannot get the hose to connect. I've tried a 45 degree fitting. This pushed the connection point out too far over the floor opening. Right now I have to add a 90 degree fitting to the pipe and turn it to the left. Then I snake a 2' hose up through the floor opening and bend it around to 90 degrees to mate up to the 90. It all works but seems like this connection should be easier. It appears that the floor opening was installed too far in under the outlet pipe.
Pictures are worth lots of words...

@RDMOCALA ... I know exactly what you are talking about. Luckily I was able to find a really short 90 degree fitting to make it work. I have heard of others that had to recut the hole in the wet bay floor. That might be where you are headed. Maybe one of those folks will post how they did it.

View attachment 9726
I will go to my local Camping World and give this a try. Thanks to all who responded.

I have to twist mine at sharp angle, but can get sewer hose to connect to fitting. Having the short clear 90 though would be handy, next time at CW going to get one.

View attachment 9726
I f see if the same thing. I left it on permanently. Works great.

I'd like to hear more views, as I've got a different issue with my 2020 Dutch Star.

Since delivery in mid-September I've been exclusively using the Sanicon system, which is awesome! I have 2 concerns about the system which are being discussed elsewhere in the forum. 1) I know I'll park somewhere, sometime where it doesn't reach. 2) The potential for leakage or downright failure of the system when you need it.

So my backup plan will be the traditional sewer host setup, where I have easily stowed 20' of it (plus connectors) in the small compartment above the rear wheels. The thing is, that sewer output does not come close to reaching the hole! Perhaps a 45 will point it in the correct direction, but not sure it will reach far enough. Then I would prefer another 90 downward so that hose is not doing a 90 inside the wet bay.

Or perhaps I should just connect the flexible hose and let it drop through the hole? Looking forward to hearing ideas/experiences here!

IMG_6919.jpg

Latest resources

Back