Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question 2017 Keystone Hideout water leak when it rains.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

giamfamily

RVF Newbee
Looking for advice. We recently purchased a 1 owner 2017 Keystone Hideout bhs. Prior to buying the rv, it sat on a seasonal lot from the whole time. When we purchased it, we pulled it to another seasonal site which was about a 45 minute drive. There was no declaration anywhere inside the RV. With all the rain recently we noticed some delamination above the top middle of the slide from the light to the pantry, down the wall, onto the rug. We cannot see where the water is coming into the RV (looked at the roof and slide). Water is coming in when the slide is opened and also closed. Any help or recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20230625_112650.jpg
    20230625_112650.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 20230625_112716.jpg
    20230625_112716.jpg
    831.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230625_112650.jpg
    20230625_112650.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 20230625_112632.jpg
    20230625_112632.jpg
    875.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230625_112619.jpg
    20230625_112619.jpg
    1,019.2 KB · Views: 8
So, you have water on the floors, maybe wet carpet?
I think I see wall covering separating from the plywood, is that right???

When you push on it, does it feel like paper or more substantial?

Usually where there is water intrusion there is a discoloration ring. I'm not seeing one, maybe a bad picture try and get that ring in the picture.

Heat or moisture can cause glue holding the paper to give way. A dehumidifier will counteract the problem if it infact is only moisture. If a leak, it is likely Much more messy than what I see in the picture.

So, you have water on the floors, maybe wet carpet?
I think I see wall covering separating from the plywood, is that right???

When you push on it, does it feel like paper or more substantial?

Usually where there is water intrusion there is a discoloration ring. I'm not seeing one, maybe a bad picture try and get that ring in the picture.

Heat or moisture can cause glue holding the paper to give way. A dehumidifier will counteract the problem if it infact is only moisture. If a leak, it is likely Much more messy than what I see in the picture.
There is a small spot right at the bottom of the slide on the rug that would be wet. I would say a circle size of a orange. Wall covering feels like paper and is separating from the plywood. I did not see any discoloration anywhere along the wall or on the ceiling of the RV. We are going back up to the camper this Saturday to check out they rv. I will get better pictures.

A leak would likely leave a large wet spot. What humidity is it there?

Latest resources

Back