RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2015 Jeep Wrangler
A couple of weeks ago when I was on the roof washing it I noticed one of the lag bolts was backed out, I screwed it back down and put some Dicor down. Today I went up on the roof to check out how dirty it got from the pollen and noticed that one of the brackets that are mounted to the roof is pulling up. I was thinking about using these T-anchor to secure it down. Does anyone know if there is enough room under the roof for these bolts? Any other suggestions?
0000.jpeg

0001.jpeg

0002.jpeg

T-Bolt.png

Attachments

• T-Bolt.png
    T-Bolt.png
    351.1 KB · Views: 16
You could remove one of the existing bolts and check it's length. Don't know if the "T" bolt will work.
Another consideration would be the next size larger diameter but the same length lag bolt.
Also, what is causing the bolts to back out to start with? High winds with with the awning out?
Good luck. Keep us posted.

You could remove one of the existing bolts and check it's length. Don't know if the "T" bolt will work.
Another consideration would be the next size larger diameter but the same length lag bolt.
Also, what is causing the bolts to back out to start with? High winds with with the awning out?
Good luck. Keep us posted.
Yesterday I pulled out one of the ceiling lights in the half bath to check on that, as long as there is not a ceiling stud there I should be good. I service appointment with Cummins today and was going to remove the bolt after I get it back and check on that

When I had my 2017 Discovery LXE it had a recall on those bolts and several or mine were loose.

Wow that sucks! Please keep us updated.

I had 3 bolts that were loose the one bracket. I replaced 3 of the 1/4" lag bolts with 5/16". One of the bolts did not grab a tight as I would like, I'm keeping an eye on it but am thinking about gluing a dowel in the hole.

I hope in the future Newmar will put more backing material in the area that they screw the brackets in.

Latest resources

Back