• Commercial/Vendors welcome

2018 Roadtrek SS Agile Cabinet hardware

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I spent several hours installing new latches and adjusting some old ones. I must say that I am not a fan of fiddly plastic latches at this point. BUT I could not detect any functionally significant space or design differences between the old and new latches. That said, I had patience trying challenges getting my warped wardrobe door to latch properly and ended up adding a shim behind the metal catch.
In case any one is wondering, the mounting screws are #6 x 1/2" Robertson (square drive) screws. I replaced several missing screws and some that weren't, just because.
Now all the latches, including the bathroom door, work properly and latch securely. For how long is another question. I wish I knew how to un-warp the wardrobe door. I searched online and one of the only solutions I understood was adding L Brackets and a turnbuckle on threaded rod! Not going to happen. The others talked about using wood glue and varnish to cover the surfaces, but ours are already varnished.

Verdict: Latches are barely adequate for purpose, appear to be practically identical to the ones already on the 2007 SS Agile, and mainly a concern due to being made of plastic. If they continue to break, I think I will change to brass double bullet spring tensioned latches and say goodbye to cheapo plastic.

Hey Greg, I received today from Amazon Encell Pearl Nickel Button Locks (3 for $26.99) for my 2015 SS Agile. The two rear screws hold the nickel button into the black plastic latch. The two front screws hold the unit to the door rail. I have no idea how well these will hold up compared to the original. I think it's a poor design using plastic. Anyway, Good Luck!!

There is a heavy duty replacement latch made of better materials, mostly aluminum that will be your final replacement latch. Its pricey and the hole pattern is different so you have to modify as necessary. It's the LC1 boat cabinet latch sold by Yachtify USA LLC located in Florida. They hit you hard for shipping but the latches are the last you will buy. I got tired of my closet door latches breaking after just a few uses. I used an oscillating tool to modify one of the doors and glued bamboo skewers in the old screw holes and cut them off. Drilled new holes and installed the new latches. Used some washers as shims where necessary. Cheers! Joe
latch 1.jpg

There is a heavy duty replacement latch made of better materials, mostly aluminum that will be your final replacement latch. Its pricey and the hole pattern is different so you have to modify as necessary. It's the LC1 boat cabinet latch sold by Yachtify USA LLC located in Florida. They hit you hard for shipping but the latches are the last you will buy. I got tired of my closet door latches breaking after just a few uses. I used an oscillating tool to modify one of the doors and glued bamboo skewers in the old screw holes and cut them off. Drilled new holes and installed the new latches. Used some washers as shims where necessary. Cheers! JoeView attachment 17680

Hi Joe, Thanks so much for that info on SS Agile cabinet latches. The three I recently bought at Amazon have been installed and are waiting for a workout this upcoming spring travels. When, not if, I check out tyour links. Happy Travels and Tks., Ken

Latest resources

Back