Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Greg G

RVF Newbee
I just bought a 2018 Roadtrek SS Agile. One cabinet locking mechanism is broken, one won’t open. Two questions if anyone has experience with these:
1. How do you take them out? I loosened the mechanism and it slides in/out of the drilled hole but I can’t find a way to fully remove.
2. Where can I find new mechanisms?
Tx

I've had to replace over half of our latches in our Agile. I purchased new ones from Amazon, currently they are not available per site. It appears the Encell push button latch is the same and it's available. Good luck.

Thank you Bruce. The RV repair place got two of them from somewhere and I’ll compare what you shared with them so I’m ready to purchase myself when more malfunction. I appreciate your response.

I see this is an old thread, but in case it is of value to someone in the future, I recently found this old blog post which seems to have some useful information at least about pre-2013 RT's:

I see this is an old thread, but in case it is of value to someone in the future, I recently found this old blog post which seems to have some useful information at least about pre-2013 RT's:

could not find these in the right size. So I modified mine by drilling a small hole in the back, threaded a screw in and cut off the excess on the front. Working great.

Attachments

• 22C09B32-4BB4-422E-BF9F-741BE0FA499B.jpeg
    22C09B32-4BB4-422E-BF9F-741BE0FA499B.jpeg
    523.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 40D0D44B-8E0D-4B6C-873B-C2683DBEBAD2.jpeg
    40D0D44B-8E0D-4B6C-873B-C2683DBEBAD2.jpeg
    408.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 83DE6EFC-8AA9-4BD0-9787-FC3D5A7E86A0.jpeg
    83DE6EFC-8AA9-4BD0-9787-FC3D5A7E86A0.jpeg
    353.8 KB · Views: 3
I think I found the exact replacement for the 2007 Roadtrek cabinet latches. I would rather verify first before posting source, but it seems to be exact measurements and hole pattern, unlike the majority of sources with 'nearly the same' look that weren't exact.

I think I found the exact replacement for the 2007 Roadtrek cabinet latches. I would rather verify first before posting source, but it seems to be exact measurements and hole pattern, unlike the majority of sources with 'nearly the same' look that weren't exact.
There are a lot of broken clips, you wii be everyone’s friend. Keep us informed.

Still haven't installed, but I have had another look at my old cabinet latches (2007 SS Agile). I have compared to my newly purchased, but not yet installed, latches and they appear to be practically identical, in fact, identical in everything that seems to matter. The first three pictures below compare what's in my Roadtrek and the newly received ones from Amazon (see link below). The original latch holes line up exactly (not shown in photo) when placed back to back.

There might be a slight difference in the width of the latching hook itself, but that should not affect function. Here are some side by side photos. It should be obvious which is old and which is new:
01_Top.jpg

Image 1 = New on left, original on right
01_side2Side.jpg

Image 2 = Original on left, New on right
01_Back2Back.jpg

Image 3 Original on left, new on right (note the slightly narrow new latch catch)
I'm fairly certain (but not 100%) that the old one above is original to this Roadtrek because there are no extra screw holes. However, on the wardrobe closet door there appears to have been a replacement with one of the close-but-no-cigar wannabee latches which are slightly different. Shown below are both old latches:
02_Top.jpg

Image 4 = LEFT: old wardrobe latch (probably an earlier replacement), RIGHT original cabinet latch
02_back2Back.jpg

Image 5: LEFT: old wardrobe latch (probably a replacement), RIGHT: old cabinet latch

I plan to replace ALL my latches with the new ones. I ordered 12 of them. But please don't be stupid like me and order 2 sets of 6. I originally ordered 6 then changed the quantity to 2 sets of 6 in the shopping cart which didn't show the option to order a set of 12 for $8 less.

I have no affiliation with the company that sells these, and no experience installing or using them. Just ordered them and plan to install soon. Bought them from Amazon dealer here:

No screws were included, so save your old ones or plan to buy new.

I hope this helps someone!

Still haven't installed, but I have had another look at my old cabinet latches (2007 SS Agile). I have compared to my newly purchased, but not yet installed, latches and they appear to be practically identical, in fact, identical in everything that seems to matter. The first three pictures below compare what's in my Roadtrek and the newly received ones from Amazon (see link below). The original latch holes line up exactly (not shown in photo) when placed back to back.

There might be a slight difference in the width of the latching hook itself, but that should not affect function. Here are some side by side photos. It should be obvious which is old and which is new:
View attachment 15796
Image 1 = New on left, original on right
View attachment 15797
Image 2 = Original on left, New on right
View attachment 15798
Image 3 Original on left, new on right (note the slightly narrow new latch catch)
I'm fairly certain (but not 100%) that the old one above is original to this Roadtrek because there are no extra screw holes. However, on the wardrobe closet door there appears to have been a replacement with one of the close-but-no-cigar wannabee latches which are slightly different. Shown below are both old latches:
View attachment 15799
Image 4 = LEFT: old wardrobe latch (probably an earlier replacement), RIGHT original cabinet latch
View attachment 15800
Image 5: LEFT: old wardrobe latch (probably a replacement), RIGHT: old cabinet latch

I plan to replace ALL my latches with the new ones. I ordered 12 of them. But please don't be stupid like me and order 2 sets of 6. I originally ordered 6 then changed the quantity to 2 sets of 6 in the shopping cart which didn't show the option to order a set of 12 for $8 less.

I have no affiliation with the company that sells these, and no experience installing or using them. Just ordered them and plan to install soon. Bought them from Amazon dealer here:

No screws were included, so save your old ones or plan to buy new.

I hope this helps someone!
I ordered 1 from Amazon and it was to small. I kept it, and modified the broken one. Good thing about them though is their return policy. They are working with Khols here in Ca and we can return most every thing there.

Attachments

• 1D3A4368-4446-4226-8846-98FA70345626.jpeg
    1D3A4368-4446-4226-8846-98FA70345626.jpeg
    523.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 35B56E8D-35E5-49D1-992C-C63D9766B671.jpeg
    35B56E8D-35E5-49D1-992C-C63D9766B671.jpeg
    353.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 82A01868-0CA5-41BE-9D55-43AF0932EDD5.jpeg
    82A01868-0CA5-41BE-9D55-43AF0932EDD5.jpeg
    408.8 KB · Views: 1
I can assure you that the latches I linked to above were not easy to find and not all Amazon cabinet latches are the same. Most I found initially were too small as you said. Some (like the replacement on my wardrobe) have the long screw slot further from the latch hook.
As you know, Amazon is not really a retail company in the same way as Kohls, Amazon mostly distributes merchandise sold by companies and individuals and manage payment and sometimes shipping. The particular seller I bought from was Nova Delux Inc. I searched for some time, read reviews, and just happened to notice a comment on these by someone who mentioned they were a perfect replacement for Roadtrek so I ordered 12 of them.

Latest resources

Back