Welcome to RVForums.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

2018 roadtrek Zion srt batteries

Welcome to our community

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

bommo

RVF Regular
Joined
May 16, 2021
Messages
5
Location
Daytona Beach FL
RV Year
2018
RV Make
Roadtrek
RV Model
Zion SRT
RV Length
19.7
Chassis
Dodge
Engine
Ram Promaster
TOW/TOAD
Suzuki Burgman 200
Fulltimer
No
Just purchased a 2018 Zion srt. Spent $600 to have it inspected. The inspector missed a lot of important things. He didnt know it had a macerator, which it does and the pump is dead so I had to pay $600 to have it replaced. HE also said on his report that the rig had lithium batteries. Batteries wouldnt last long so I looked under the rig and found he lied they are AGM batteries. Has anyone upgraded AGM to Lithium? The process I find on line range form $1600 to $7000. Anyone have real life price estimates?
 
Do a search, this has been discussed to death and the info is in here. The inspector, if he is a real inspector, should be reported to the certification outfit he is thru. That is unacceptable.
 
Just purchased a 2018 Zion srt. Spent $600 to have it inspected. The inspector missed a lot of important things. He didnt know it had a macerator, which it does and the pump is dead so I had to pay $600 to have it replaced. HE also said on his report that the rig had lithium batteries. Batteries wouldnt last long so I looked under the rig and found he lied they are AGM batteries. Has anyone upgraded AGM to Lithium? The process I find on line range form $1600 to $7000. Anyone have real life price estimates?
I found replacement batteries on eBay there is a site in MS that will replace them with (2) 240 ah for $3300, which is a lot less that the ~$7000 I was quoted form original vendor. Link below If interested. The price includes installation but you have to go to Mississippi, or they can ship to you

 
I found replacement batteries on eBay there is a site in MS that will replace them with (2) 240 ah for $3300, which is a lot less that the ~$7000 I was quoted form original vendor. Link below If interested. The price includes installation but you have to go to Mississippi, or they can ship to you

I would go this route vs the OEM KS2 batteries, they are garbage. I just did a conversion, but moved them inside. Accessing those boxes under the van is a pain.
640 AH for $1400. Plus prob removed 300 lbs worth of boxes, cable and the aux AGM.
Also added nice shunt for easy monitoring.
2021 Zion SRT.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20261004_195543824.jpg
    PXL_20261004_195543824.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom