Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Stirul

RVF Newbee
One year ago we started the process of working with Thor customer support to have the repairs to our 2018 Thor Challenger 37TB covered under structural warranty. The passenger side floor and wall had separated and caused the body to twist and rest on the fender. This twisting caused the front windshield to crack, the front cap to separate from the top, the cargo bay doors to become jammed and entry door to jam. Some parts have taken over 4 months to arrive at the dealership and approval process for each individual item has to be submitted to Thor for approval. If the wording and semantics in the submitted requests are not what is expected it gets denied and starts a back and forth game wasting more time.

Our RV has been out of our possession for over 10 months, and has been unusable for over a year. We still make payments, lose value, continue to miss trips, have had to fly places instead of drive, and overall are just frustrated and disappointed with the whole experience.

SEPARATION1.jpg

SEPARATION2.jpg

FENDER4.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to RVF and very sorry that you are experiencing this problem. Does your state have a “Lemon Law?” If so, I would use it! If not, I would be working through the state’s consumer protection agency or have an attorney contact Thor to demand a replacement unit or your money back.

Sadly, this is an all-too-frequent occurrence with Thor products and the reason why they have a very poor reputation.

TJ

Man, that is sick. I hope you get good results in the end.

Welcome to RVF and very sorry that you are experiencing this problem. Does your state have a “Lemon Law?” If so, I would use it! If not, I would be working through the state’s consumer protection agency or have an attorney contact Thor to demand a replacement unit or your money back.

Sadly, this is an all-too-frequent occurrence with Thor products and the reason why they have a very poor reputation.

TJ
Hello TJ, We are just starting to explore our options, but definitely will be doing something. I will keep everyone informed how this works out.

Last edited:
I am sorry you have to go through this. I hope you get an expedient and satisfactory resolution!

Yeah, this has gone on long enough. Time to make it a legal matter. Start with the State Attorney General's office or the Consumer Protection Agency. This thing is falling apart!!

You must move thru the warranty process quickly. We have lost one 35ft toy hauler one year old for not responding quickly enough to warranty issues. Warranty company went out of business. There is a reason its getting dragged out. The more time involved the less warranty you have. Make sure you keep all your warranty paper work that the service writer wrote up at the dealership with dates and the signature of the dealer doing the repairs with date when warranty issue was first reported. If its not in writing it did not happen. No date did not happen. No signature from the dealer it did not happen. Your RV should have been repaired or replaced within 90 days. The manufacture knows what the problem is and how to get around fixing it. They avoid warranty repairs every day and are very good at it. We are not and have to fight back with every thing we have or they will avoid you and cost you big money. I feel your pain $51,000.00 worth. Don't give up ! You may need an attorney. They will have to be forced to fix or replace. This type of customer service must change.

I wonder how this worked out.

Since there was never a response, and last post was almost a year ago, they probably sucked it up and moved in. I sure hope It got resolved for them.

Sounds like leveling jacks were incorrectly operated...chassis twisted.

Latest resources

Back