Bat Star
RV Length
Chassis
F-53
Engine
V8
TOW/TOAD
Chevy Spark
Traded last year for the Bar Star from diesel. More than cost was DEF issues (Mercedes diesel max at db5, truck stops typically db11). Love this one, hard getting used to engine noise, but glad we have the Newmar.

Have the usual options, but upgraded to theater recliners (Williamson), modified the sink drain to utilize under sink cabinet, power shore power reel, macerator pump, 2020 Chevrolet Spark (5 speed) toad, RVI braking system, TPMS, Centrimatic balancers, trailer brake controller, Garmin RV75 Camper w/dash cam, and a few other minor mods for our specific convenience.

Welcome aboard and safe travels!

Welcome. Great coach.

Curious to see what you did under the sink.

Last edited:
Sounds like you’re getting it dialed in just right. I’m going to take a closer look at my under sink plumbing. My V10 powered Bay Star was on the noisy side. Interesting to hear that about the V8 also. I guess some Dynamat in the doghouse might be on your list of future mods.

Welcome!

Looking for info on “Service AdvancTrak” message. Had it come up last June and again yesterday. Roadside assistance from Ford suggest towing to dealer, but no dealers can fix as backed up for weeks. Also, had check engine light flashing for what turned out to be spark plug wire. Any others have this problem? I don’t believe in coincidence, but ???? Half way across US on month long journey around the country. Fortunately only 2 day delay as found great dealer in Tuscumbia that went out of their way to help and did not have to have rig towed.

Also, someone asked about under sink change to make MUCH more space. I switched drain trap piping from front sink to rear. Pretty easy, but does require little bit more piping (and crawling under sink). In photo, the black drain piping is what I put in. Fit 2 simple plywood pieces in “L” shape to keep trash can from falling around under there and essentially divide the two spaces. Piece of foam was only to keep whatever we put back there from rattling. All works

Attachments

• 8EAD2ED8-A4EC-4C3F-81BD-D9EC81FA2ABD.jpeg
    8EAD2ED8-A4EC-4C3F-81BD-D9EC81FA2ABD.jpeg
    361 KB · Views: 10

Latest resources

Back