Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

dmrv

RVF Newbee
I'm looking at the 2021 Buick Encore GX AWD, Essence trim to flat tow behind my Class C, Winnebago View. It is flat towable according to the owners manual and I've seen the other really good thread hereregarding it's brother, the 2021 Chevrolet Trailblazer AWD. I would like to see if anyone has set up the Encore GX to flat tow, and what your experience has been.

Blue Ox now has a baseplate available for it, so the parts should be available.

Anybody have experience with that vehicle as a toad?

Yes, just had the work done today and towed it home from the shop. I'm very happy so far.

It's driven daily in 2WD and left it there for towing. The manual doesn't discuss 2WD vs AWD. No issues with the short tow home.

Perfect. That the first real answer I have received. I just spent 3 k setting mine up and was getting nervous. I am taking a 2 hour trip this weekend and will keep you posted on how we do on a longer trip
Thanks Much

Heading out for 2,500 miles on Monday. I'll let you know how it goes. We had a 2019 Buick Encore, but it wasn't flat towable. I traded it for a 2020 Encore GX solely to get a flat towable vehicle. So far, we like the Encore GX.

Just purchased a 2021 Buick encore GX all wheel drive and having the towing system installed now. On a trip do you throw in 2 Wheel Dr. or four-wheel-drive? Getting ready to leave on a 14 day trip so really would appreciate your feedback

Latest resources

Back