Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

dogshot

RVF Newbee
Wednesday 4/5/23 while in route, a leveling system hydraulic line came in contact with the engine exhaust. The Hyd line was melted resulting in high pressure hyd. fluid being sprayed onto the exhaust piping. Smoke filled the camper and we bailed out on the side of the interstate. We're new, maybe this is normal, Thor ain't too excited about responding.

Wednesday 4/5/23 while in route, a leveling system hydraulic line came in contact with the engine exhaust. The Hyd line was melted resulting in high pressure hyd. fluid being sprayed onto the exhaust piping. Smoke filled the camper and we bailed out on the side of the interstate. We're new, maybe this is normal, Thor ain't too excited about responding.
Scary $hit!! Glad you are okay. This problem hardly sounds normal. I assume the leveling system was added during the factory assembly. I don't own a Thor so I have no idea what the warrantee specifies but I would hope it should be covered.

Good ;luck!

Darrell

Ya, thor said to take to local Ford dealer, I informed them Ford does not install leveling on F53 Chassis

That's disappointing they're passing the buck onto someone who has nothing to do with the problem. I hope Thor steps up to the plate and does what's needed to make things right and keep it from happening again.

Latest resources

Back