• Commercial/Vendors welcome

2022 Entegra Accolade K XL squealing brake issues

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The drums if not turned would be supper smooth from use and heat hardened. When you put the new brake linings on the will smooth out and begin to squeal. Get the drums turned and rough up the linings with course sandpaper. That should do the trick.
Wonderful. That's what I'll do then. And, that makes perfect sense. I'm stunned that Freightliner did not turn the drums. Oh well. I'll choose another freightliner dealer next time. Thanks very much for input.

S2RV 12k miles no brake issues. I’m on the FB page for my coach have not seen any brake issues reported.
Exactly! I can't find any issues on these RV's which makes me wonder what's really happening on my RV. I think the previous poster has nailed it though. Thanks so much for your thoughts. I really appreciate it.

Wonderful. That's what I'll do then. And, that makes perfect sense. I'm stunned that Freightliner did not turn the drums. Oh well. I'll choose another freightliner dealer next time. Thanks very much for input.
I use Rincon in San Clemente (949) 492-3520. They do both Spartan and Freightliner. I have a Spartan chassis and cannot say enough good things about them. Kevin is the service guy.

I use Rincon in San Clemente (949) 492-3520. They do both Spartan and Freightliner. I have a Spartan chassis and cannot say enough good things about them. Kevin is the service guy.
That's perfect! I'll give them a call and try and set up a service call with them. Thanks very much.

Thanks. The brakes are drum brakes and the drums were not turned when they relined all four corners.
OK, sorry forr the slow response.
One thing came up when talking to fellow retired and current mechanics where I worked.
If the drums have cracking that could. be one source of noise, another thing is that when we changed brake shoes, we always chamfered (sp?) the leading and following edges of the lining with a file or sanding wheel.. Sometimes the flat edges can stir up harmonics ie: squeel/squeek. I'm still picking the brains of my past and looking through notes as I dig them up. I'll get back if /when we come up with anything else.

Hydraulic or air? Are they generating excessive heat?

Latest resources

Back