• Commercial/Vendors welcome

2022 - Newmar Quality Call to Action

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I think you are missing the point. We are not talking about canceled trips. We are talking about quality control, and resale value. We are talking about the distinguishing characteristics of Newmar vs all the others.

Ok, well mark me down when you are ready to tackle the really big problems of quality control in the Class A coaches. I am a missed trip kind of guy. Paint is interesting but when the wheels don't roll on a half million dollar/million dollar investment, I get really grumpy.

I do not know that answer. Newmar shows video of their cabinet shop. I do not know if that means they do cabinet faces or just the base.

When we were there for warranty work , we saw the large cabinet shop on site. Unless there has been a recent change, Newmar does the cabinet work.
We took the tour, and wondered why they think it efficient to have different coaches coming down the line each day. It seems to me, that it would be more confusing for the workers. It seems that if you at least grouped the same coaches together a bit, less mistakes would be made. Judy D

unless things have changed

When we were there for warranty work , we saw the large cabinet shop on site. Unless there has been a recent change, Newmar does the cabinet work.
We took the tour, and wondered why they think it efficient to have different coaches coming down the line each day. It seems to me, that it would be more confusing for the workers. It seems that if you at least grouped the same coaches together a bit, less mistakes would be made. Judy D

unless things have changed

At least on my coach, Newmar only did the cabinet frames. All of the doors and drawer faces came from somewhere else. I know because I just had them all replaced and part of the wait was in the third party.

Y
At least on my coach, Newmar only did the cabinet frames. All of the doors and drawer faces came from somewhere else. I know because I just had them all replaced and part of the wait was in the third party.

Interesting, that might be true. When we remodeled our kitchen, I found the best caninet maker in the area because I wanted specialized drawers and storage options, but the doors and drawer faces were out sourced. I guess that is the way it is done now. One would think they would do it themselves, since they are known for woodwork. 🧐 Judy

Last edited:

About a year and a half ago I had some warranty work done at Nappanee and one of the wooden window valiances had to be replaced and I was told that Newmar had a local 3rd party woodworking shop that they contracted out to for a lot of the wood parts.

FLSteve

I do not know that answer. Newmar shows video of their cabinet shop. I do not know if that means they do cabinet faces or just the base.

Could be marketing, could be old the way it was once done. When I went driving around during the infinite boredom window of waiting on my coach I drove by the presumed wood supplier as they had a few Dutch Stars on site as well. All speculation as well as my speculation that as things grow, i.e. production increases, the way to get more labor/hands involved is outsourcing. Would also be pretty smart if it was another Miller owned business, build 3rd party dependencies (maybe the stuff you love doing) sell off the core and keep in business with your supporting facilities. My local grocery store chain did just that, sold off the business but continues to be the supplier of the bakery goods.

In this post, I am going to show several examples of current production coaches being delivered to actual owners. I am intentionally not naming the dealers and or owners of the coach, as it is not my intent to get involved with a specific issue, but rather to discuss the overall quality of Newmar, and to make other new owners aware of poor construction. If you wish to name your coach, that is fine. Please do not name other people’s coaches. Also please refrain from naming the dealer, as the dealer is not responsible for the build and construction of the coach. This is a Newmar Corporate issue, and we need to all work together to get Newmar to listen to its owners.

It is time that we hold Newmar accountable for poor quality. If you have recently purchased a Newmar coach, or have one that is under the factory one year warranty -- you need to stand up and be heard.

Now is the time.

Please read my blog post on this subject located here:
Is it your belief that a used 2018 Newmar 4037 with 41000 miles would be a smarter purchase than a new 2022 same model?
Thank you.
Brian

Is it your belief that a used 2018 Newmar 4037 with 41000 miles would be a smarter purchase than a new 2022 same model?
Thank you.
Brian
It would be faster.

My 2022 LADP is in better condition than my 2019 dsdp was. Newmar appears to have taken some of the points seriously, and is standing behind the quality with their warranty repairs and authorizations.

A new coach is always going to be more work getting it finished and broken in. If you can find a 2018 that meets your criteria, it's a great year with very few major problems reported.

It would be faster.

My 2022 LADP is in better condition than my 2019 dsdp was. Newmar appears to have taken some of the points seriously, and is standing behind the quality with their warranty repairs and authorizations.

A new coach is always going to be more work getting it finished and broken in. If you can find a 2018 that meets your criteria, it's a great year with very few major problems reported.
Thank you for the advice, both are currently available, so no wait either way. The new one has the Gerard awnings, but after reading about the issues on the forum with those not being properly attached I’m not sure they are “better “.
Used one is $100k cheaper as well.
Brian

I have a friend who had a '16 Dutch Star and loved it. He traded it for a new '19 DS and has been miserable ever since repairing things that should have been "finished" at the factory. As a side question, why are so many here trading for new coaches? Certainly the "old" coach isn't worn out. Is it just to have "the latest and greatest"? (which doesn't seem to be working out.) I'll stick with our little DS as we love it and it just works.

Latest resources

Back