• Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

BIGERN&CO

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Model
GeoPro
RV Length
Considering a G20FBS and would like an opinion if I have enough rig to tow it. This would be my first camper purchase. Thanks
Towing a 2023 GEO PRO G20FBS?
LENGTH 21'-2"
UVW 3442
CCC 958
HITCH 400
TANKS 31,27,27
I have a 2022 GMC CANYON DENALI
Rated for 7000lbs trailering
Tow package
Integrated brake controller
GVWR 6000
PAYLOAD 1531
I have never owned a camper and want to be able to let my kids use this combination but want to be safe.. Thanks all for the help

Your payload needs to have all passengers and cargo subtracted from it. Hitch is probably 400 AS IS, not when loaded with gear. And that depends how you pack the gear in the trailer. A battery is not included in the dry weight, the propane is. The short wheelbase of the Canyon makes it not ideal for towing a 21 ft. camper. But learning how to set up the brakes and knowing how to use them is essential for safe towing. The weight of the hitch and any antisway device reduces the payload also.

Bottom line, I could set it up and safely drive it. Your driving experience and any other drivers is essential also and not something we can judge.

I do appreciate your feedback and welcome any others to join in.
I live in CT and would only likely be towing here a couple trips to start then maybe a couple hours or 3 to MASS, NY, or RI,. I figured that would be about as big as I could possibly tow safely but was looking for confirmation and maybe some tips.
Thanks all, stay safe!

I'm fairly certain the Denali package is only offered in the crew cab Canyon which should have a 140.5" WB, more than enough for a 21' TT. You would need to keep tabs on the truck payload as with a 7000lb tow rating, it likely will hold up to 700lb tongue weight. Loaded up and ready to roll, that's a number you really need to know but it's easy enough to measure at home with a bath scale and some lumber to make the necessary reduction ratio. I would consider a weight distributing hitch but depending on your fully loaded weight, it may not be necessary. Do be sure to have 10% minimum of your loaded trailer GVW as tongue weight, more = less chance of swaying.

I am thinking I'll use a wdh and would have it installed at the dealer. If I purchase there they are supposed to set the rig up and do a go over/ training with us. And yes you have the WB correct.

Learn about your WDH for your own knowledge. Many dealers don't get it right. Don't trust, verify.

Have a unit that you like or might be a good fit for my application, adequate but not overkill.

No, there are many and they work. Many don't like the chain type, I don't like the bars that bend type.....Lots of people mention Anderson brand, Blue ox....

Just make sure you understand how it adjusts and what it is supposed to accomplish. Go online and watch some video's, preferably from the company that makes it.

Latest resources

Back