• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

1woodward1

RVF Newbee
I have a 4 ton bottle jack and jack stand but have the following questions
1. what is my Lug nut size for tires and spare tire? I noticed that I need a longer lug nut for the spare.
2. Also is any one using a torque wrench, lug nut set, or breaker bar they like?
3. Any general info about removing spare and changing tire would be appreciated,

I have a 4 ton bottle jack and jack stand but have the following questions
1. what is my Lug nut size for tires and spare tire? I noticed that I need a longer lug nut for the spare.
2. Also is any one using a torque wrench, lug nut set, or breaker bar they like?
3. Any general info about removing spare and changing tire would be appreciated,
First a question! Do you think a 4 ton jack is big enough???

I could be wrong, but if this crowd has a spare it's to have a choice of tire brand they want on the rig, not so they can actually change the the tire!!! Road side insurance is just! Well so much cleaner!!!

If we get our hands dirty, I would also guess we would torque the lugs. .

As for lug size!! That depends! I won't settle for word of mouth when preparing for emergencies.

There are many opinions on here. My particular opinion is;
Get a Jack that will fit under the axle right below the spring. I used a small cheap floor jack and a small piece of plywood to sit it on if in dirt.
If you have a socket wrench, find one that fits the lug nut and take one off. Take it to an auto parts store and have them match it up. On the side of the nut is where the size of stud and thread size is located. Just a note; to cut cost many use a standard nut and wrap them with a metal crome cover. I hate those things because they strip out easily with your lug wrench. I replace those for solid metal kind.

Latest resources

Back