• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI 2024 Dutch Star

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
based on past experience, I never turn my EB off. for Jack retraction DW turns the key to acc no need to listen to the alarm while idling, likewise while auto leveling, she does the inside work. Mine is at ride height in about 2 minutes, I don't idle long at all, mainly just to warm up
Enjoy the DSDP, I love mine, sure beats hooking/unhooking a 5th wheel

First drive. Very different experience than the CanyonStar. Comfort Drive on a short test drive really appears to be a great option. Smooths out the direction nicely helping reduce the tendency to over drive the coach.
Drive was a busy narrow bumpy two lane with good breeze from the right. 43’ feels much bigger than the 40‘ CanyonStar. You feel the mass of this vehicle. It will take some time to feel comfortable driving this vehicle.
Engine brake is very powerful. Played around with it for a while. Finally turned it off.
Start up and stop routine is a bit more complicated than the gasser. Everything is in slow motion. Air up takes some time, jack retraction takes time.
Starting to understand why the DPs idle so long to start the day.
it is a fun learning experience 😎
Joe your bringing back memories of my first time in our dutch star, after previously owning a baystar for six years. In no time you will feel very comfortable behind the wheel.

Only the front A/c is run by inverter power. Most everything else is operating.

Makes sense - nice system!

Joe, approximately 2yrs ago an experienced Diesel Mechanic said the worse thing you can do is to idle the new rigs and to try to keep the time limited. You might consider using the cruise control to fast idle (naturally after oil pressure build + 30 - 60 seconds) to air up in the morning. A neighbor with a 2019 DS suggested I do this while at factory pickup.

Wow! So much cleaner and better than my 2023 New Aire factory lithium install. They have really steped up their game based on the photos. I am quite envious of your Victron inverters and GX display panel. Enjoy!!

I may have to remount my 3 way combiner more like yours one weekend. I am not happy about how mine blocks the back power distribution and fuse wall.

20231104_102642.jpg
So how did they handle alternator charging? Still using a solenoid to combine the house and chassis battery circuits or Victron dc to dc charger(s)?

Best,
-Mark

Last edited:
Well we made it to the next stop. NIRVC Atlanta. This shake down run pointed up some additional issues plus RettroBands.
hopefully we get this set tomorrow 🤓

1699834376996.jpeg

Congrats! we are on our shakedown drive in our 2024 DS4369 and the drive is really impressive!! we are about 2k miles into the initial trip and no issues to speak of!!

Latest resources

Back