Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Ajrunke

RVF Newbee
Hi all! We just bought our first camper, a Rockwood A214HW. They came with 20/75LrC14 Constancy tires. I want to swap them out for a better brand preferably made in a country with better quality control standards than China. I am not able to find other options. Gvw is 2700, fully loaded around 3300.

I was excited when I found Hankook Vantra with a better load rating of D, but then saw they too are manufactured in China which surprised me. I really don't see any options so I think I'll go with the Vantra. Just wondering of anyone has input or experience with the Vantra tires?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20210919_085729.jpg
    20210919_085729.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Hankook is usually a decent tire. Another tire to look at in Maxxis.

That’s a good brand. Look at the max load on the tire and determine if you need to step to a high load range. Load D may do it for you.

Goodyear Endurance.

I have had good luck with carlisle tires
St205-75-r14 D 105m 65psi “m” gets you plenty of speed 81mph, they are Chinese made but do have a name brand that has roots.
Goodyear endurance are american made and are typically highly rated. About $135 per tire

I went with the carlisle tires due to price.
$75 per unit. BUT they have gone up a bit lately if you watch for a week or so Walmart or Amazon will probably find them for sub $80 per tire.

have not had any issues since we started using goodyear endurance about 5 years ago..

Latest resources

Back