Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rolandj

RVF Regular
So when I purchased the motorhome I have now the gentleman gave me two brand new spare tires but no wheels my question is do they make a 22.5 wheel That would be universal for the front or one of the rear wheels. My thought is it’s great to have a tire in the basement but useless without a rim to sit there to wait for somebody to come change it. Also while I’m on this topic what do people use as a jack do they put the hydraulic leveling jacks down and raise up the RV or what is the method of choice. Thanks

Unless you have a 1" high powered impact wrench you will never remove the lug nuts to get the wheel off. I just had 6 new tires in stalled and these are the same wheels that heavy trucks use. The wheels are the same front or rear for most coaches and they are very heavy. Very unlikely you could do this on the side of the road yourself. Get a good roadside service policy, much safer

I watched the tire guys and how much trouble they had getting under and jacking my Monaco when they put the new tires on in my shop.
No way I'm getting under there.
Unless it's an inside dual they can put a tire on the wheel without taking the wheel off the motorhome.

I doubt you could change a tire with your leveling jacks. I'd be scared of cranking the frame and cracking my windshield. I've read of people doing it on fifth wheels but I'd have never tried it on mine.

If I had a tire I'd throw it in the back of my silverado toad so I wouldn't have to find one for the tire guys to put on, kind of wish I'd have saved one. Although if I didn't trust them to drive on while they were on there why would I trust them now?

I appreciate info. Just was a thought but guess that’s where it will die lol. I have good Sam roadside. I’m open to other recommendations. Thanks

Carrying spare tire(s) without rims is an insurance policy that if you have a blow out and need a new tire while on the side of the road, you are not at the mercy of the road service guys. There have been a lot posts about getting raped on the price of a tire OR that the tires were not available. I carry a mounted tire using a Roadmaster Spare Tire carrier.

This is an excellent point. Carrying a spare tire would be a life saver as a replacement for a blown tire. Most truck road service techs can change the tire with simple hand tools, and a lot of muscle.

I prob don’t need to carry both do I ? Takes up a lot of real estate

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back