Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved 3 Lithium Battery House Wiring Diagram?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

MarkMaxPayne

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
New Aire 3543
RV Length
36'
Chassis
Spartan
TOW/TOAD
Fiat 500 Turbo
Fulltimer
No
Last fall I had my dealer upgrade my house batteries from the 2 320Ah lithium batteries that came with the coach to install the 3rd Lithionics battery. They didn't update the wiring diagram that is on the placard in the battery bay, leaving my old one up. I've searched Newgle, but cannot find one dated past 2019. Anyone know where I can get a copy that also shows the 3rd battery? Worst case a good pic of one from another coach? Here is a pic of my now out of date 2 battery diagram.

Thanks!

Best,
-Mark

Attachments

• 20240630_144425.jpg
    20240630_144425.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
Is a third battery an option from Newmar?

Is a third battery an option from Newmar?
Yes, and I have already had it installed as an upgrade after purchasing the rig from Newmar through the dealer. Newmar calls it plug and play in their marketing materials, but not exactly... They only let dealers order the battery and do the installation. You also have to purchase a Lithionics 3 way combiner from them as it isn't included in the original outfitting of the Lithionics 2 batteries. So in reality plug and play upgradable is that the tray has a spare slot for the third battery. ;)

Best,
-Mark

I think the only option is you'll have to trace wires and determine what's new/different. Maybe the dealer that installed it can help with determining the changes? Maybe it was minimal as you describe. My understanding is that when this is done at Newmar SES is actually the one that does the work. I could be wrong.

I think the only option is you'll have to trace wires and determine what's new/different. Maybe the dealer that installed it can help with determining the changes? Maybe it was minimal as you describe. My understanding is that when this is done at Newmar SES is actually the one that does the work. I could be wrong.
My thought is the diagram should be identical to that found on a London Aire of the same year that came with all 3 batteries installed at the factory by default. Yes, worst case I will draw one up myself.

Best,
-Mark

Inquire with Newmar parts for the London Aire decal with the option of 3rd battery. Maybe they can send picture of decal prior to ordering

Obtained this on another Newmar forum from someone who took a picture of their correct diagram. I still have a ticket into Newgle to see if they will update theirs past 2019.

Here is a copy for reference if anyone else ever goes looking for it.
20240701_100437.jpg

Thanks all!

Best,
-Mark

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back