3D Printing and RVing

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Hi @Neal Happy New Year.
Sorry to report...I ended up cancelling the order (The long lead time provided too much time to second guess myself). Therefore, I can't offer any glowing reports on how wonderful it is...you can't blame it on me!
Awe bummer. Assembled version is down to 1-2 weeks but I’m holding out for free shipping. I too will realize what I have is just fine. Had some good prints yesterday and today.

Have you looked at the X1 Carbon? I think that’s the name. A friend got one and loves it.

@Neal
The X1 Carbon looks terrific...wish I was in the market, would be fun to try and rationalize that purchase!

Just before Christmas I printed this to use for presenting a gift to my Granddaughters:

After a solid approximately 30 hours of printing, I decided my current MK3 is more than adequate for my needs.

Wow! That's quite the "gift" :)

It's probably your fault :), maybe it's that this MMU3 is still driving me crazy....but I'm about to order a MK4 :geek: Any update on yours? Built yet? Reports?
@Neal...FInally pulled the trigger. Am in the middle of assembling the MK4/Enclosure Kits. I had forgotten how many parts are involved in the assembly! Hope to be up and running by the end of the week.
I designed something that requires a filament other than PLA. Have gone through PETG, PC, ABS trying to find the right combination. Have some ASA and TUF on order...think I'm getting closer. At any rate, the ABS is very sensitive and requires an enclosure which helped me rationalize the MK4 w/enclosure.

Nice, I like my enclosure, got the light with it which is nice for recording with OctoPrint I think it's called. Yes, assemblies are a bit painful but their documentation and guidance is really nice as you know. Hope it improves the prints. I need to get printing, a few things on the list to do.

Latest resources

Back