• Commercial/Vendors welcome

3D Printing and RVing

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I do, see post 22 of this thread. Remember I pulled a sofa and setup office. The 3D printer is under the desk far right side, other side of the chair. So it's low and right of the desk, fits perfect. I typically print on the dinette though to keep the dog from pulling off her new toys as they print. It is not as big as you think, it fits on the forward part of the counter in front of the valance, not on the table you eat on.

Yeah, I don’t have any cavernous free space like that. I could put it on top of our cabinets in that space, though my co-pilot would ask me just where I plan to put it when I’m done with it. Come to think of it, maybe I could do without this co-pilot chair.

Yeah, I don’t have any cavernous free space like that. Though, some days I think I could do without this co-pilot chair

Yeah, that seat is never used in my coach and is more of a nuisance than anything else. I have used it very few times to pull out the fold out desk thingy and use my laptop there to enjoy the views while I work, okay, that's a lie, surf :)

Yeah, that seat is never used in my coach and is more of a nuisance than anything else. I have used it very few times to pull out the fold out desk thingy and use my laptop there to enjoy the views while I work, okay, that's a lie, surf :)
I’m sure you could remove the chair and build something around the frame mount that it sits on, using that to hold it in place. Maybe just a small entry table. If you ever decide to part with the VentEssex, just make sure you can remove it and put the chair back in. Shouldn’t be a big deal.

I’m actually thinking I might be try to convince the queen to let me have the half-bay in front of the peg-board bay with a pullout drawer. There’s mostly just a bunch of junk in there now that imo, we don’t need and hardly use. My kids would disagree as its all their stuff, but good news is they’re not yet of voting age! That would be a fine place for it and there are outlets down there next to the satellite connections and it wouldn’t stink up the RV as it goes through filament.

My kids would disagree as its all their stuff, but good news is they’re not yet of voting age!

LOL! Well, I can't smell the 3D printer typically, it's not as bad as some make it out to be but different filaments do differently, i.e. ABS I think is the more smelly one people say. PLA is what is used most of the time or PETG and it's not an issue, to me.

As to storage space, it's amazing how much we carry and don't use. I think once a year I do a cleanout realizing I don't need 3 (or more) grills. Two is sufficient. Before my big 7 month trip I did a major cleanout, then at the end of that after unloading I was amazed how much space there really is in these things. Hmm, sounds like an interesting thread coming...

My latest 3D print project...we wanted a towel rack for near the kitchen sink that would not get in the way when the slide is either in or out.

This uses a 1/2" cherry dowel and mounts directly to the counter top without glue. It slides on to the small fence and then locks in place with the small tab behind the bullnose profile underneath the countertop. DW is happy :).

IMG_1772.jpgIMG_1773.jpgIMG_1774.JPG

Impressive!! RVing is such a perfect candidate for 3D printing creativity.

The latest design/print for Bucky (our RV)...

All of my computer work is done on our dinette and I dislike having to deal with the power cords for charging/plugging the laptop and printer. We have a receptacle next to the dinette that looks like this unless I put the cords away after each use:
IMG_1779.JPG
After some thought, design, print, re-design and re-print, we now have a cable/cord garage:
IMG_1794.JPG
IMG_1792.JPG
IMG_1793.JPG
The hole in the cover can be used to access the USB charging ports in the receptacle for charging mouse, flashlight or other device.

Now that is awesome! Great job!

Latest resources

Back