RV Model
Ventana 3407
RV Length
34'10"
TOW/TOAD
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Fulltimer
No
All - we took our new Ventana 3407 (2019) on a 4 month trip to the west and back. Here is a list of the things which broke or were not correct which we discovered on this trip.
-*Winterization Process – Installed at factory System does not work.
-*Slides Rooms – All are not square to sidewall, leak cold air at the top, and are not level if viewed from outside of the Motorhome.
-FWS – Directly behind driver’s position, when FWS is IN, you can see daylight at the bottom floor location.
-Outside Bathroom Wall-trim at floor. Is not secured at the rear most area (next to shower area). Wall across from Refer area-The trim at floor on that wall is also not nailed/screwed/glued down.
-*Engine Cover/Bedroom Area – The engine cover in the bedroom area is not level.
-Toilet hold down bolts loose – I tightened them, however, the toilet can still be rocked from front to rear a bit.
-*Sewer Smell – Every time we dump tanks, we smell sewer in the bathroom. Sometimes at night as well.
-Sky Ranger Wireless Internet Router Unit/System – I cannot find a switch to turn this unit off or on.
-Ground Satellite Connection – Cannot get it to work.
-TV Televator Unit/System – TV is not level in this housing. Hangs up on downward travel.
-Microwave – It’s very hard to open and close, almost like the door is not aligned level.
-*Whirlpool Refrigerator-Two Issues - 1) Large Vegetable Drawer Left (not the full width drawer at bottom of refer section) – This drawer constantly falls out of the track. 2) The doors of the refrigerator do not close tight, and there is no resistance when you try to open them (most units have a suction on the door when opening it), this one has none. We want you to replace with the Samsung 10 year warranty compressor model, currently used in the New Aire Coaches. I will pay the difference in price versus the whirlpool to get this done correctly. The dimensions of the whirlpool verses the Samsung are the same. The labor is on you. Whirlpool service tech who checked said drawers are NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY. Not going to work out for us.
-Bathroom Sink Area Backsplash – Shower area corners – Caulk the top edge of this backsplash so water cannot go behind it and cause the BS to loosen on the wall.
-*Coach Level & Equalizer Jacks Leveling System – First if at ride height, slides in, jacks up on a level surface, the coach is down at the driver’s side front by about an inch based on my measurements. Please correct so coach is level at ride height. Next the EJL system does not level the coach. Hunts for level, and all the air is not dumped out of system before it starts to level.
-Bathroom Faucet – The handle turns itself off after lifting it up for water. No rhyme or reason for its operation, somedays it does not do it, some days, it’s full on, or no water before it turns itself off. Please tighten up the handle so it does not turn off.
-*Bathroom Window – The glass has separated from the frame (inside of glass area), the glue/adhesive has failed.
-*Power Cord Reel Unit Failed – Won’t retract power cord. Behind the Power Cord Reel area – There is a large bundle of wires, which are starting to rub against the power cord reel when it rotates either under power or by hand. This is safety fire issue. Please Check your units.
-*Xite Radio/GPS – The gps part will freeze up for hours at a time for no apparent reason. I have updated the chip two weeks ago. Have had some issues with this since new. Replace unit with new.
-Drivers side MCD Shade – It goes up very slowly, and jerky, this is not like all other shades in coach, this one needs some attention.
-Oasis system loud and pulses – When on Diesel operation, this unit is extremely loud in its operation, and it seems to pulse or modulate in noise while operating. No black/white smoke observed, and it heats fluid as it should. Can it be quieted and checked for proper operation? It has maybe 10 hours on diesel operation. Very pleased with how efficient this unit operates on A/C power. Vary rarely need to use diesel side of unit

There is no perfect motorhome, not perfect manufacturer, nor floor plan/model. They are all compromises to one way or another. However, this unit spent 7-10 days in the CQI building, all these items should have been caught or systems tested to a breaking point, the window, the cord reel, and the oasis systems should have been operated to verify they work as advertised. I am disappointed more than mad at this point, some issues are expected. I have service appointment on 6-1-2020, I may (weather dependent) move that date up if possible, but we have conflict at end of april.

I did two warranty cleanup visits to Newmar as they are in reach and had other things done (repairs, mods, etc.). I had several pages of stuff, I scoured my MH hard and it pays off to do so. Very very happy thus far.

I have not heard back from them yet, and the e-mail was sent mid week last. I have asked them to change out the refer with the Samsung which they use in the NA. I have agreed to pay the difference between models, but they are the same size, the Samsung seems to have better quality. We have seen both models at HD and Lowes. Neither of us like the French door configuration, but life is what it is. More important to get one that works before the warranty runs out.

Wow. Did you pick it up from the factory or a dealer? I agree that most of those issues should have been caught either before leaving the factory, or by the dealer at delivery. We just picked up our NADP last week...I expect some things to go wrong on our way home; but these are reliability issues (i.e. things that were fine at first, and fail early). A lot of yours seem to be quality issues. We had 6 really minor things that needed to be adjusted/touched up. Biggest was that the outside vent for the convection oven rattled. But I don’t know how they would have known that unless they stayed in the coach outside.

We do have the Samsung fridge...we like the French doors and bottom freezer; same as our fridge at home, but it’s just a personal preference. On our floor plan, it’s a bit tight for access when the slides are in, but doable. Need to relocate the lunch meat & cheese so I don’t have to do yoga moves to open both doors to make a sandwich. The ice maker works great, and makes plenty of ice for the two of us.

Picked up at dealer in OR. We did not notice the engine cover until we had taken it on our 4 month sojourn, and BH tripped over it with bare feet. The sewer smell has only started happening recently, along with the GPS, Power Cord Reel. Found the winterization problem when I went to do it last week. The caulking is not a huge deal, but the window is a toss up if it's my problem or it its bad, the tech did say it happens. Don't believe the commercials on TV about Flex Glue, that did not hold it together when I tried to fix it. Also for the slides, they have been messed with once at the service center at factory, guess more work is needed. I am not displeased, MH are mechanical things and things break. The factory is GREAT fixing stuff, and it's not a bad drive up there for us. About that time, I will need a break from yard work anyway. We were not impressed with the Whirlpool technician who said the drawers are not covered, so with the door issue, I want the Samsung change out if possible, not sure that will happen, but if you don't ask, you never know. Model quality in Whirlpool vary widely from same one different store, some tight, some loose. Not like old days when stuff made here was good and could last years.

Latest resources

Back