RV Make
Grand Design
RV Model
Transcend Xplor 221RB
RV Length
26'10
TOW/TOAD
2018 Nissan Titan Pro4X
We are looking at some specific brands (newbies) at this point and have been advised that a unit over 25' should have two A/C units were we are. Are there any thoughts on this in the group here?

For camping in warm areas, I think that would be a wise choice. IMHO, you cant have too many ACs. In hot weather, one may get you by, but it will be working hard all the time. Two units sharing the same load won't work as hard and will probably last longer due to the lesser workload on each unit.

TJ

Bill,
Years ago, late September, we rented a 30' Class C in Las Vegas. It was 115F in the shade. The coach had a single roof AC.
The best we can get inside with both, engine AC and roof AC running was 98F. We suffered until we got to the higher elevations in AZ.
As TJ said, there is no such a thing as too much AC (like too much money:). Get two if you can.

Thanks to you both. I will stick by that rule. It gets hot here in Texas where I will be using one most.

You can have 20 AC's and it's still important to take proper steps to stay ahead of the heat by drawing shades down, cooling early, insulating fantastic fan vents, exterior shades if available such as I use magneshade to keep the heat from getting inside the glass, on and on...

Thanks, Neal. Many of the open places we would use it would be in the fall/winter. Most other would be under trees.

Latest resources

Back