Chassis
F550
Engine
Titan V10
TOW/TOAD
2020 Polaris Slingshot
Fulltimer
No
I’m here at Mckaskey Creek campground for a couple weeks visiting my brother. This is my first state park visit. Pretty quite during the week. Nice little beach on the lake and facilities pretty clean. They are conservative on a lot of the campsites on what size RV they can hold. The spot I’m in is for a 27ft RV and I’m 32 ft.
86EF437E-E5EC-4CC8-9FFC-CC5F1123F6BB.jpeg
25A8E083-29E9-4AC3-A318-B7B92D0D73F7.jpeg

Beautiful area, especially this time of year. We had a house in Acworth a number of years back. Loved the Spring there.

According to the site postings, no site is designed for over 34' most are 25'-30'. Please respect the postings. There is more to length limits than what will fit at a particular site.

Last edited:
According to the site postings, no site is designed for over 34' most are 25'-30'. Please respect the postings. There is more to length limits than what will fit at a particular site.

Many are some that are close, but I had the opportunity to fiscally look first and talked to the park Stuart’s about it. They have no problem with a longer RV as long as it is not sticking out into the road. In my case the RV spot is for a 27ft with 2 parking spots one in front of the RV. I now have 1 parking spot with the front end about 12ft from the road. No issues by all.

I did not understand “There is more to length limits than what will fit at a particular site.”?
Did you mean there “could” be more? If you did, yes there could be that is why I talked to the Stuart’s first.

Last edited:
Depending when you want to go there may be another choice, McKinney Campground.

They are currently closed for sewer renovation, been a year now. Looks as if they might reopen mid-summer.

Will my 35' fit in a spot?
I talked to the couple running the place. They have had up to 40ft’ers in these spots 7, 12,22,24,25, 37. I went through and looked at the and they could fit quite well. I can only assume they are measuring the concrete pad for the RV size, but it is paved with about 4” or more in front of it And it goes on for another 25ft. Then some spots are just paved.

Latest resources

Back