• Commercial/Vendors welcome

A possibly too long introduction

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Hello All! I was googling “RV forums” and this forum popped up. Can’t believe I didn’t find it sooner! I’ve been reading quite a few RV forums for probably close to 10 years, but this one “at first sight” seems extra friendly.

My name is Rosanne aka Roxi and I live at 7800’ in dry New Mexico. I retired at the end of 2019 (closed my dog grooming business). My personal odometer hit the big 70 mark in April (so hard to believe). I’m a widow of 21 years (also so hard to believe) and at around the 10 year mark I decided that I could (emotionally) sell our house and relocate. I grew up in NJ and I miss the ocean and green!

I am planning on selling my house, storing items I want to keep, and traveling around the country full time for a few years, eventually figuring out where I want to live and move into a small cottage. I hope to be on the road by next spring/summer.

I’ve been reading forums and googling everything RV for years, until I am bleary-eyed, but still read more. I’ve come full circle since I first decided to do this. I started out thinking a Class C would be the way to go, but once I started going to RV shows I realized they felt cramped, and didn’t want the upkeep of another engine. So then I started looking at the endless variety of roomier travel trailers and wearing my calculator out with vehicle tow weight ratings and GVWR, GCWR, tongue weight, trailer weights, CCC, etc., etc. OMG! And I enjoy messing with numbers! Pity the person who doesn’t!

Anyway, a couple of years ago I found my way back to the Class C arena. I’m a Chevy girl, so that helped narrow the field quite a bit. I thought I had decided on a Thor Chateau or Four Winds 24F, but then I decided I didn’t like the way the mattress had to fold up when the slide was in. Started the rounds of looking again at all the Chevy Class Cs. As of now I am leaning toward a Coachmen Freelander 22XG. I’m feeling better about the no slides and shorter length. It will just be myself and my two dogs. And I’m imagining interior mods I can do to suit me better that will give me almost as much floor space as the Thor.

Roxi
Roxi,
Welcome to the family. From a SJ man from Cape May, NJ. I have a friend ( single female ) that I directed to " CruiseAmerica " to consider the purchase of their rental fleet ( All Thors ) which are removed from rental, refurbished and sold with a waranty . They offer all their sizes for sale. They remove all the exterior graphics. And when they are customers built for the rental market the interior surfaces, corner moldings, SS sinks, interior concave entrance steps, commercial vinyl flooring, etc. You can find a visual tour from an uncompensated couple on YouTube. I was impressed with what I heard and saw

Hello All! I was googling “RV forums” and this forum popped up. Can’t believe I didn’t find it sooner! I’ve been reading quite a few RV forums for probably close to 10 years, but this one “at first sight” seems extra friendly.

My name is Rosanne aka Roxi and I live at 7800’ in dry New Mexico. I retired at the end of 2019 (closed my dog grooming business). My personal odometer hit the big 70 mark in April (so hard to believe). I’m a widow of 21 years (also so hard to believe) and at around the 10 year mark I decided that I could (emotionally) sell our house and relocate. I grew up in NJ and I miss the ocean and green!

I am planning on selling my house, storing items I want to keep, and traveling around the country full time for a few years, eventually figuring out where I want to live and move into a small cottage. I hope to be on the road by next spring/summer.

I’ve been reading forums and googling everything RV for years, until I am bleary-eyed, but still read more. I’ve come full circle since I first decided to do this. I started out thinking a Class C would be the way to go, but once I started going to RV shows I realized they felt cramped, and didn’t want the upkeep of another engine. So then I started looking at the endless variety of roomier travel trailers and wearing my calculator out with vehicle tow weight ratings and GVWR, GCWR, tongue weight, trailer weights, CCC, etc., etc. OMG! And I enjoy messing with numbers! Pity the person who doesn’t!

Anyway, a couple of years ago I found my way back to the Class C arena. I’m a Chevy girl, so that helped narrow the field quite a bit. I thought I had decided on a Thor Chateau or Four Winds 24F, but then I decided I didn’t like the way the mattress had to fold up when the slide was in. Started the rounds of looking again at all the Chevy Class Cs. As of now I am leaning toward a Coachmen Freelander 22XG. I’m feeling better about the no slides and shorter length. It will just be myself and my two dogs. And I’m imagining interior mods I can do to suit me better that will give me almost as much floor space as the Thor.

Roxi
Hi I’m Jude,

I’m new here! IK this thread is older but I just purchased a 2021 Freelander 22xg and I LOVE it! The floor plan is what got me. I had been looking to go full time RV’ing since I’m semi retired. I wanted something small enough to boondock around urban areas. Yes it’s basic in some ways like no key fob or auto seats etc but for the price and the exciting , versatile floor plan it’s everything I needed. Im a designer/stager so I made some cosmetic changes. I channeled my inner Hippy Gypsy and made it a fun way to go!
I still have a lot of questions as I’m learning more and more about my new home ! Lol. So I’m sure I’ll be asking here too. I added some pics to show you my place. Happy to be here and meet new people.

Attachments

• 3F961542-9400-4C21-93E4-F6E9F57B77CE.jpeg
    3F961542-9400-4C21-93E4-F6E9F57B77CE.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 21
  • 933390EB-243C-49E1-8732-775B228F225D.jpeg
    933390EB-243C-49E1-8732-775B228F225D.jpeg
    987.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 233D7D21-1454-4EFD-A45B-BBD63F489393.jpeg
    233D7D21-1454-4EFD-A45B-BBD63F489393.jpeg
    929.9 KB · Views: 19
  • DEF00F73-43DA-4C14-9A03-B61EB0081CEF.jpeg
    DEF00F73-43DA-4C14-9A03-B61EB0081CEF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • 1F087502-8253-429C-BB98-E08B70DFE2B2.jpeg
    1F087502-8253-429C-BB98-E08B70DFE2B2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • F10C6B14-CEC1-4FAC-ACC0-6CCF0A37500E.jpeg
    F10C6B14-CEC1-4FAC-ACC0-6CCF0A37500E.jpeg
    942.3 KB · Views: 20
Hi I’m Jude,

I’m new here! IK this thread is older but I just purchased a 2021 Freelander 22xg and I LOVE it! The floor plan is what got me. I had been looking to go full time RV’ing since I’m semi retired. I wanted something small enough to boondock around urban areas. Yes it’s basic in some ways like no key fob or auto seats etc but for the price and the exciting , versatile floor plan it’s everything I needed. Im a designer/stager so I made some cosmetic changes. I channeled my inner Hippy Gypsy and made it a fun way to go!
I still have a lot of questions as I’m learning more and more about my new home ! Lol. So I’m sure I’ll be asking here too. I added some pics to show you my place. Happy to be here and meet new people.
Welcome from Georgia!

While we will most likely never be full timers we have traveled to all 50 states (48 in the rv) and have had nothing but wonderful experiences. Love rving!
I didn’t fully read all your posts, have you considered a fifth wheel?

Hi I’m Jude,

Jude, I love what you did with the "back" bedroom. Is the overhead bunk comfortable enough as a full-time bedroom? I haven't bought my motorhome yet. Hoping to catch a good deal on used next year after the pandemic buyers want to sell theirs. My current favorite is a Jayco Redhawk SE 22A.

While we will most likely never be full timers we have traveled to all 50 states (48 in the rv) and have had nothing but wonderful experiences. Love rving!
I didn’t fully read all your posts, have you considered a fifth wheel?
I decided I didn't want to have to buy a big enough truck to tow safely.

Hi,

yes the bunk is big enough for 2 believe it or not! Haha! But I sleep on the Murphy bed. The lounge is made of storage boxes that can hold up to 300 lbs and they fit perfectly under the bed.

Welcome! Since no one else mentioned it yet, about the corner bed, you can buy (or rig yourself if your sew at all) a “sleep sack” or “sleeping bag liner”, or buy something like quickzip sheets (not cheap, but maybe well worth the money).

Latest resources

Back