RV Model
Ventana 3407
RV Length
34'10"
TOW/TOAD
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Fulltimer
No
All - I get this newsletter weekly. The fellow who writes it, has been doing so for a lot of years, suspect he is old like me, maybe more so. Regardless, the information in this article is very informative and even though you may disagree with his conclusions, information is knowledge for the future.

Some points he made are very close to us. If you have not seen it in TX (and lots of other places) RV parks are packed with families and working families. They need places to park, they might home school the kids, and are living in their RV full time. Suspect, humans have been nomadic since creation, we always want to know what over the next hill, I get that. Personally I could never full time in my RV, I'm not built that way. Three months is the absolute max at my stage in life I want to be gone from my S&B. I get it some do, not criticizing that choice. However, you are packing yourself into a space ranging from 275-450 sqft, depending on model of RV. Just please understand some of us want a bit more to spread out in. Our RV fits us fine, for those periods we take it out and use it.

The article brings out very interesting points. The dysfunctional RV industry and you. Parts 1 & 2 - RV Travel

Can't argue with anything that Chuck wrote. He absolutely nailed it. RV'ing ain't for the faint of heart these days...

Simply the difference between customer focused (compassionate) capitalism and pure greed.

Granted I had a small business, but I always gave the customer both products and service more than what they paid for. I did not make as much as I could have, but, as one customer commented. "The last guy was here every two weeks. We don't see you much." My response was when I fix it you should not need me until it breaks, and that should not happen often.

I have been going to the same car dealership for service for nearly 12 years. The reason I only go there is they do the job right the first time and consistently insist that I not spend money unnecessarily.

When I was working the boss always used to say it is easier to get repeat business than new business. The problem is many unaware people are standing on line to buy their junk, and until the line thins out, and people choose some other alternative, they will continue to make junk. Toyota and others, have plants here. There is a gold mine waiting for them, were they to start producing quality motorhomes, at the right time. One limitation would be component manufacturers. so there is not easy solution, unfortunately.

If I could afford to maintain one, and had the patience for all of the extra things that could go wrong on the chassis side, I would opt for an older DP for around 75-80k, gut it and rebuild what needed rebuilding and have it re wired with somewhat simple modern electronics and keep it for the rest of my life.

Latest resources

Back