Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

marykgloor

RVF Newbee
Old ac London sure 5th wheel. Thermostat is not connected and the wires are orange, orange/white, blue and blue/white. Then the white and black to power source. How do I connect these to a thermostat?

A make and model number from your AC would help to find a wiring diagram. The re-connection would be very easy after that.

Rick

This article explains HVAC color code standards, but you may not have “standard” color coded wiring. The blue/white and orange/white may be an additional zone since blue and orange are heat and cool respectively, or they may be unit specific - haven’t encountered those.

This article explains HVAC color code standards, but you may not have “standard” color coded wiring. The blue/white and orange/white may be an additional zone since blue and orange are heat and cool respectively, or they may be unit specific - haven’t encountered those.

Thank you for your help

Its possible that not all the wires are unused. Do you have the original thermostat? It will have wire color codes at the terminals. This might help too:
I saw that my furnace has blue and white coming off it, so I was thinking orange is y, orange/ white is g blue/white for heat or B and maybe the blue is still the c? I had thought I was on the right track but felt like I was going in circles. That’s when I reached out here, lol. The old thermostat is an old Coleman Mach. It has the correct color scheme, yellow, blue, red, green, grey. The orange and striped threw me a bit.

me too

Latest resources

Back