RV Length
36ft
Chassis
Oshkosh
Engine
5.9 12V Cummins
Fulltimer
No
95 Fleetwood Bounder Oshkosh chassis w/Cummins. Dash AC controls are stuck on defrost. I believe that it's in default mode (defrost) location. I push all of the buttons and nothing. I found a vacuum canister under the front cover. There was q vacuum line that was disconnected, but after connecting it still nothing. I also have no cruise control.

95 Fleetwood Bounder Oshkosh chassis w/Cummins. Dash AC controls are stuck on defrost. I believe that it's in default mode (defrost) location. I push all of the buttons and nothing. I found a vacuum canister under the front cover. There was q vacuum line that was disconnected, but after connecting it still nothing. I also have no cruise control.
It appears that the issue is in the vacuum system. Track that line back to the source. The canister or vacuum line from the engine could be faulty.

It appears that the issue is in the vacuum system. Track that line back to the source. The canister or vacuum line from the engine could be faulty.
That's exactly what I did. I followed the vacuum hose from the round vacuum canister. The hose was attached to the cruise control, then it T'ed off to another item that I wasn't sure what it was. After a Google search with the part number on the item, turns out it's the vacuum pump. I went back out and did some troubleshooting. The unit didn't have power, so I traced the hot and found it had warn through the wire. A quick fix and the pump works! Not happy with the wiring so i ordered a pigtail and ill fix that.
20230716_194453.jpg

Dash AC controls are working, now I need to find out why it's not blowing cool air, any ideas?

That's exactly what I did. I followed the vacuum hose from the round vacuum canister. The hose was attached to the cruise control, then it T'ed off to another item that I wasn't sure what it was. After a Google search with the part number on the item, turns out it's the vacuum pump. I went back out and did some troubleshooting. The unit didn't have power, so I traced the hot and found it had warn through the wire. A quick fix and the pump works! Not happy with the wiring so i ordered a pigtail and ill fix that.View attachment 19869
Good detective work and fixing the problem. Have Great Weekend

Latest resources

Back