Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Advice on Multiple See Level Tank Monitors?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I did plan to install the sensors on the wet bay side, seems like the right place. Where did you mount your inside panel, and where did you find a good path to get there? I've never ran wires from the bay area to the inside, this will be a new one for me. I thought about skipping the inside panel since Bluetooth could solve that problem, but I am also installing the Drainmaster electronic valves which will require me to run wires. Might as well do both panels since I have to run wires for the tank valves.

Thanks.
The main SeeLevel panel is on the wet bay board, not inside. I have a secondary panel in the coach mounted on a 3D printed mount on the pullout in front of the sink that holds sponges, etc. Again, with Bluetooth it's not needed and as it's a secondary "monitor only" unit or whatever it's called, it has some limitations from the primary panel. IF you really wanted to bring your panel inside the coach the path I used was the track system under the kitchen sink. Remove everything from under your kitchen sink and you'll see a plastic cover on the right (aft) side. Remove this and you'll see a track system that allows the wires coming up from the basement to flex as the slide goes in/out. I punctured a hole below that which is your path into the basement, that wire runs within that track system to the basement and once in the basement you can run anywhere, that's easy. Others have found a path up under the half bath sink. You could also run up to the front panel (depending on year) mine is over the driver's door. That path isn't hard either but it's more work. Wires run down the side pillars, you just need to remove those plastic pillar covers. That gets you to the compartment where the GEN is then you'll see the path where wires go back through a spray foam blob and into the basement, again from here running anywhere in the basement is easy.

In my opinion, KISS, mount the panel to the wet bay board and use Bluetooth.

The main SeeLevel panel is on the wet bay board, not inside. I have a secondary panel in the coach mounted on a 3D printed mount on the pullout in front of the sink that holds sponges, etc. Again, with Bluetooth it's not needed and as it's a secondary "monitor only" unit or whatever it's called, it has some limitations from the primary panel. IF you really wanted to bring your panel inside the coach the path I used was the track system under the kitchen sink. Remove everything from under your kitchen sink and you'll see a plastic cover on the right (aft) side. Remove this and you'll see a track system that allows the wires coming up from the basement to flex as the slide goes in/out. I punctured a hole below that which is your path into the basement, that wire runs within that track system to the basement and once in the basement you can run anywhere, that's easy. Others have found a path up under the half bath sink. You could also run up to the front panel (depending on year) mine is over the driver's door. That path isn't hard either but it's more work. Wires run down the side pillars, you just need to remove those plastic pillar covers. That gets you to the compartment where the GEN is then you'll see the path where wires go back through a spray foam blob and into the basement, again from here running anywhere in the basement is easy.

In my opinion, KISS, mount the panel to the wet bay board and use Bluetooth.
This is very helpful. Thank you.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back