Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

shft22

RVF Newbee
So we are looking for a Diesel Pusher, but looking for something that may need TLC. I am very handy and can do things all the way from Electrical/plumbing to rebuild an engine. Also still have the energy to do so, well some stuff is just not worth it, but you know what I mean.

I have been looking at Alfa's, 02-08, mostly because of the great support they have on-line from current owners that do a lot of their own maintenance, but Alfa's at a reasonable price are hard to come by, they also have a known problem with exterior blistering that is not a DYI repair and it is costly to fix.

Do any of you know of other brands that have good support structure from users? Any other brand you guys would suggest that will make for a good rig that can be maintained by the owners. Interested in Diesel pushers from 2002 up to 08 or so.

Welcome @shft22 to RVF glad you’ve joined us. You might look at Newmar as many older coaches in that year range out there. Also good support from manufacturer.

Welcome to RVForums @shft22. Used RV's opens up your market greatly to include used high end coaches such as Newell and Prevost which I'll certainly look for on my next coach purchase before going back to the new end of the line and staying with Newmar which has been a good experience to date (other than their poor decisions on upholstery affecting almost all of us Newmar owners). If I can't find a high end used for a good deal I'll stay with Newmar but take a look at Entegra's when that time comes too. Older Newmars are at the tops of quality in that time frame from what I hear, current day who knows, high production rates has its concerns.

Thank you for the advice, will look into Newmars as well.
For me dealer/Manufacturer support while important is not as critical as community support from other users and owners that do their own maintenance. While doing research, I find that many times when people post on the different forums a particular problem the default answer is to take it the dealer or hire some one to fix it. This answer while very much valid is not what I be looking for.

Foretravels are known to be built extremely well too

Thank you for the advice, will look into Newmars as well.
For me dealer/Manufacturer support while important is not as critical as community support from other users and owners that do their own maintenance. While doing research, I find that many times when people post on the different forums a particular problem the default answer is to take it the dealer or hire some one to fix it. This answer while very much valid is not what I be looking for.
Well, I may be a bit biased (because I own a Newmar; our second one), but I doubt that you will find any better "community support from other users and owners" than from Newmar owners. And, a great many of those knowledgeable Newmar folks are found right here on RVF!

TJ

Latest resources

Back