Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Dzerby

RVF Regular
I apologize if there's another spot I should be posting this....

I've learned that Tiffin and Newmar are the best manufacturers and as this will be my 1st Class A, I found a 2009 Tiffin 34TGA offered by a private seller. He's given me details of his experience owning it. This feels better than a dealer, because none of those details would be available at the dealer.

Should I still have an inspection done if I decide to proceed?

Who would do the inspection?

Where would I go to research whether this is a good model to consider?

Thank you for your help!

Don

We purchased a used 2007 Newmar Country Star. IMHO one should access the general condition (that tells a lot about how everything was cared for), start things, run things, and look and listen for irregularities, then do some searches about what people say about that make and model. If you need a professional inspection do a search for one near you. Ultimately...it's a bit of a crapshoot. There will always be some items you need to replace or repair. You just don't want those to be the expensive items? Take your time...those two makes are certainly a good place to begin your search. They have excellent reputations, and I believe the quality was very good in those years. Good luck...and make the search fun!

We purchased a used 2007 Newmar Country Star. IMHO one should access the general condition (that tells a lot about how everything was cared for), start things, run things, and look and listen for irregularities, then do some searches about what people say about that make and model. If you need a professional inspection do a search for one near you. Ultimately...it's a bit of a crapshoot. There will always be some items you need to replace or repair. You just don't want those to be the expensive items? Take your time...those two makes are certainly a good place to begin your search. They have excellent reputations, and I believe the quality was very good in those years. Good luck...and make the search fun!
Thank you very much!

Thank you!

Latest resources

Back