RV Year
RV Make
SportTrek
RV Model
ST282VRL
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ram 1500 3.0 Diesel
I have a 2017 sporttrek 282. over all length is 35'. it weighs around 6100 lbs. My tow vehicle is a 2018 Ram 1500 with a 3.0 diesel. I have be looking at the Aerodynamic wind deflector. they claim that it will improve fuel mileage and help the truck tow the RV better. I'm looking for some feed back from people that have used them before and is it worth the money. Thank you.

I have a 2017 sporttrek 282. over all length is 35'. it weighs around 6100 lbs. My tow vehicle is a 2018 Ram 1500 with a 3.0 diesel. I have be looking at the Aerodynamic wind deflector. they claim that it will improve fuel mileage and help the truck tow the RV better. I'm looking for some feed back from people that have used them before and is it worth the money. Thank you.
I have used wind deflectors and they work great. I had a fiberglass shell on the back level with the cab. On the back of the shell I mounted a custom wind deflector. It made a tremendous difference in towing.

I cannot answer specifically on your question but I can give some real works experience.
I own a flat bed tow truck

towing a low profile vehicle of a much heavier weight specifics

23,000 total gvw but cars low in profile full of scrap metal
v
19,000 total gvw with a high resistance wind dragging effect above the truck mind you not a lot one was a car on reverse with trunk damage tailgate stuck open but crumpled so only like 1/2 it’s normal amount

fuel mileage difference was 2.5 mpg better with the low profile heavier load. And I’ve seen this scenario a number of times.

another scenario is my boat 12,000 pounds 11’8” high 9’6” wide 11mpg
v
17,000 dump trailer 8’ 6” wide 6.5 feet tall 13.5 mpg

all on the exact same highway same speeds even slower on the boat same winds

so I think wind resistance is a huge factor will you see the fuel mileage gains to pay for it I dont know but I would expect better handling characteristics as well.

Latest resources

Back