• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Aftermarket Shocks For 2022 Newmar Ventana 3407

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I did not... As I mentioned previously, my dealer checked and there doesn't appear to be a Koni shock available for my Ventana 3407.
Check with these guys Search - ShockWarehouse Its very common to have to look beyond a dealer to get answers.

Thanks for the information... I will reach out to my dealer and have the chassis side check on this. I will be back in the area in early August and if they confirm these are available for my Ventana 3407 I will see about having them installed. Thanks again... (y)

Email shockwarehouse.com and provide your VIN and see what they say. They told me exactly what to get for mine, worked great.

Reading Joe’s post reminded me of these for air bag suspension:

I don’t know how well they work but if there is any improvement in low-speed rocking caused by uneven pavement, speed bumps, pot holes etc, it would be worth it considering the low cost and ease of installation. Something to look into and if you try them I’d like to hear about your results.

One thing you that has been determined conclusively is that you can’t mess with the steering on a comfort drive equipped RV with a safe-t-plus or other steering control adjunct. Confirmed by the designer, Ken Sherwin.
I have a version of those on my 2018 Phaeton Powerglide chassis. The porpoise action is gone completely, the rolling over driveway approaches and bumps greatly diminished.

Mark

Thanks for the information... I will reach out to my dealer and have the chassis side check on this. I will be back in the area in early August and if they confirm these are available for my Ventana 3407 I will see about having them installed. Thanks again... (y)
All that said, I doubt you’d see much difference with new shocks on a 2 year old coach. Mine is 7 years old and 70k miles so I’m now considering new shocks and would expect to see some improvement, not so much in handling, but in response to potholes and other bumps and jolts that take their toll on the house and chassis. I’d really like to find a solution to the very low speed pitch and roll but even Active Air didn't help that.

All that said, I doubt you’d see much difference with new shocks on a 2 year old coach. Mine is 7 years old and 70k miles so I’m now considering new shocks and would expect to see some improvement, not so much in handling, but in response to potholes and other bumps and jolts that take their toll on the house and chassis. I’d really like to find a solution to the very low speed pitch and roll but even Active Air didn't help that.
You’d have to move out of CA. I just ran up the 5 to Portland and Seattle and came back down the 99 from sac to Bakersfield. Abysmally bad. Even in a Prevost.

You’d have to move out of CA. I just ran up the 5 to Portland and Seattle and came back down the 99 from sac to Bakersfield. Abysmally bad. Even in a Prevost.
yeah highest taxes, worst roads, schools, etc. I guess they dont make shock absorbers for that. Couple questions - is there still a lot of construction on 99 and (slightly off topic) have you gotten a smog notice for your coach yet?

There still some construction area between Bakersfield and Modesto meaning barriers and barricade flashers. I went through at night so I didn’t see any paving equipment. Now 5 is a disaster going north between Westley and Santa nella. Traffic was backed up for miles down to one lane in the afternoon while they pave. I haven’t gotten a notice yet.

I ordered the Koni's yesterday

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back