Aftermarket Shocks For 2022 Newmar Ventana 3407

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I ordered the Koni's yesterday
I'm assuming, as it's been a few weeks, you have received the Koni shocks... have you had time time get them installed? If so, I am curious as to your findings.

I'm assuming, as it's been a few weeks, you have received the Koni shocks... have you had time time get them installed? If so, I am curious as to your findings.
Still don't have parts. Backorder from vendor so I canceled an reordered elsewhere yesterday.

Installed the shocks yesterday as part of putting new tires on front. 5 Minutes each. I did spray nuts and bolts several times in the two weeks leading up to this. I will say that the ride is a little firmer and gusts from wind and big rigs is diminished. Rock and roll coming out of a driveway apron diminished. I only have about 165 miles on them. No regrets.
old shock.jpg
shock 1.jpg
shock 2.jpg

Dumb question out of complete ignorance on my part: Does mounting the shocks with the ram arms facing upwards vs downwards cause any long-term problems? Naively, I would assume mounting this way would allow moisture to collect where the shock's piston rod comes out of the body.

K--I asked the google gods and got the following AI response:
Yes, Koni monotube shock absorbers can be mounted upside down and will still work. However, it's important to note that the spring seat needs to be installed correctly so that the circlip is captured in the milled groove. If the spring seat is installed upside down, the circlip won't be captured and the spring seat may sit higher, which could damage the vehicle or the unit itself.

Best,
-Mark

Dumb question out of complete ignorance on my part: Does mounting the shocks with the ram arms facing upwards vs downwards cause any long-term problems? Naively, I would assume mounting this way would allow moisture to collect where the shock's piston rod comes out of the body.

K--I asked the google gods and got the following AI response:

Best,
-Mark
That is the way the different diameter bolts lines up

Installed the shocks yesterday as part of putting new tires on front. 5 Minutes each. I did spray nuts and bolts several times in the two weeks leading up to this. I will say that the ride is a little firmer and gusts from wind and big rigs is diminished. Rock and roll coming out of a driveway apron diminished. I only have about 165 miles on them. No regrets. View attachment 25132View attachment 25133View attachment 25134
Thanks for the report. This is valuable information!

Thanks for the followup. I will be discussing this with my dealer this week.

Latest resources

Back