Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

AGM Travel Trailer Battery suggestions please.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

hjkor077

RVF Regular
My little 12' Teardrop is in need of a new battery. Previous owner tried to save $$ by using a dual-purpose deep cycle which is useless for either purpose I understand. I am looking for a 100ah AGM deep cycle and would very much appreciate any and all input to help in my quest. I have a WF-8735P power center which has 3-stage smart charging. I'm looking to keep cost around $200. Does anybody have any knowledge and/or experience with the Weize 100ah AGM battery? Seems to have good ratings.
Look forward to your replies.

I have found used AGM batteries that were pulled out of telecom battery backups to be an incredible value. You can typically find a 12v 100 ah used battery around $80-$120 each. The telecom batteries are great because they rarely get cycled and are on a maintainer pretty much their whole life. Typically they are 2-5 years old but still test like new.

I am using mighty max 200ah AGMs. Friends are using Renology 200ah AGMs. Why 200ah? Because the price per ah is better and we were going to build a more robust system anyhow.

Latest resources

Back