Chassis
Freightliner MC
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2021 F150
Fulltimer
No
I have a 2021 Newmar Canyon Star 3927 with an Onan 8 kW generator. I had AGS set to start the generator when the heat pump kicked on. AGS would try to start it, but would not. First try there was just clicking. By the third try it chugged a couple of times. It did this 2 days in a row. The generator always starts when I use the switch on the dash. I also reset the AGS after manually starting the generator. Sorry if I'm forgetting anything, brand new to the site and this is my first RV post. Thanks for any help.

I have a 2021 Newmar Canyon Star 3927 with an Onan 8 kW generator. I had AGS set to start the generator when the heat pump kicked on. AGS would try to start it, but would not. First try there was just clicking. By the third try it chugged a couple of times. It did this 2 days in a row. The generator always starts when I use the switch on the dash. I also reset the AGS after manually starting the generator. Sorry if I'm forgetting anything, brand new to the site and this is my first RV post. Thanks for any help.
First off Welcome to RVforums. We are from Ely, Iowa. While I Am not familiar with the Newmar If the generator works fine with the dash switch then I would begin checking the wiring from the AGS as it sounds like the starter is not getting the required voltage to fully engage.

First off Welcome to RVforums. We are from Ely, Iowa. While I Am not familiar with the Newmar If the generator works fine with the dash switch then I would begin checking the wiring from the AGS as it sounds like the starter is not getting the required voltage to fully engage.
Thanks. I'll try to track that down when I have the RV at home again.

Latest resources

Back