Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
If you're afraid of your air brake getting hit by accident while parked as on the Newmar Ventana it's on the right side of the steering column and if you're messing around with something at the windshield or overhead area or you have a dog or child, well, you get the point. I bought a AB100 for mine, it has a lock which I don't use, I just install this at every CG to protect the air brake from getting pushed in.

For those with 3D printers you can design your own or print @Chuggs design which works well.

Thanks Neil, I see an oak version in my future

We have something similar and use it regularly. With our two Mini Schnauzers frequently finding their way up onto the driver's seat, we wanted a way to keep them from driving off with the coach.

Planning to build this out of Sugru. Once cured, should give me a nice solid semi-flexible rubber block, no 3D printer needed.

Planning to build this out of Sugru. Once cured, should give me a nice solid semi-flexible rubber block, no 3D printer needed.
If that would require 3D printing a mold, why not just 3D print the @Chuggs version linked above? I can attest to how well Charlie's unit works.

TJ

No mold needed @TJ&LadyDi. You just mold it with your hands. Sugru is great stuff, it’s kinda like curable play-doh but when it sets, its a pretty strong silicone. Just have to be okay with it not necessarily looking like a professionally manufactured item but if you take your time, things made out of Sugru can come out pretty nice.

There’s also InstaMorph but I’ve not had great success making anything sizable with it because you have to mold it while it’s still pretty hot. Also, InstaMorph sets into a pretty hard plastic with little flex. Great if you need something relatively small and durable. I have some sitting around somewhere, think I might make an Awning Remote Control Holder this weekend when I get back home.

I like to fidget when I watch TV and these things at least allow my fidgeting to produce somewhat useful things.

Latest resources

Back