RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 340XCS
TOW/TOAD
Combo/Stacker PWC & UTV
Hello all,

Please forgive me if I’m A. In the wrong place, or B. this has been answered at some point.
I’m VERY new to the Class A motorhome world (and forums as a whole). I did post an intro of sorts a week or so ago to hopefully alert those to my ignorance with forums etc.

So while not so much with asking for help/forum etiquette etc…I’m pretty handy universally, and have done everything from electrical (12v-DC or 120v AC), plumbing, cable/sat, wifi, mechanical, etc.
However, since motorhomes are a tad different with respect to the converters and such, I don’t want to dive is without doing some due diligence & understanding.

I have a 2022 Coachmen Sportscoach SRS 354QS DP on Freightliner chassis, 340- Cummins engine, Allison Trans, airbrakes, 4-slides, Onan Gen, with 2335-miles.

My “first” question is with regard to the manual dump cords in the front slide-out generator bay. I know where they are, saw a video on “how” to pull them and that it should be done a couple times per year. I have not found info on what the air is for (brakes, suspension…?), or “when” (eg. when aired up, with/without engine running, should jacks be up or down? Will it cause suspension to drop or air-brakes to lock?
Seems it’s all about bleeding any water from the lines, but again, for what system, and in what scenario is it ok (or not ok) to pull these cords?
To caution on the side of error, I’ll post other questions separately, if unable to find via basic search. Unless, it’s preferred to list multiple questions…(?)
Seems doing so could cause chaos/confusion, so I’ll wait to hear rules/opinions if offered.

Thank you and have a GR8 week to all!

Latest resources

Back