• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Air Force museum (Dayton, OH)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Add the submarine museum in Groton CT to the list.

Have not been personally but my first boat was decommissioned and parts of her are in the museum now.

I'm at the nearest Harvest Host to the Air Force museum (Wright-Patterson AFB), about a 10 minute drive away. I realized the reason I didn't see a famcamp when route planning is maybe I didn't have a checkbox turned on but I wanted to use a Harvest Host anyways as I've been paying for it and not using it and also wanted to do some boondocking for some testing. So I'm behind a restaurant/brewery which actually has good food and brews, had lunch and dinner there. Quite the drive today in heavy rain, heinously dirty coach needed some natural rinsing but I am still wondering why I just paid all that money for a detail to immediately get dirty in Indiana??!!??!!??

Picture 4 below - got shot at by one of these monsters in Desert Storm, chased me for 63 seconds until it blew up right behind me. Haven't told too many non Air Force'ians about that!

View attachment 21839
View attachment 21840
I love visiting air museums as I am a pilot so like anything aviation. We have been Harvest Host (HH) members for years. We use them whenever we are in traveling between parks. We have even taken several Harvest Host trips using only HH.

I'm at the nearest Harvest Host to the Air Force museum (Wright-Patterson AFB), about a 10 minute drive away. I realized the reason I didn't see a famcamp when route planning is maybe I didn't have a checkbox turned on but I wanted to use a Harvest Host anyways as I've been paying for it and not using it and also wanted to do some boondocking for some testing. So I'm behind a restaurant/brewery which actually has good food and brews, had lunch and dinner there. Quite the drive today in heavy rain, heinously dirty coach needed some natural rinsing but I am still wondering why I just paid all that money for a detail to immediately get dirty in Indiana??!!??!!??

Picture 4 below - got shot at by one of these monsters in Desert Storm, chased me for 63 seconds until it blew up right behind me. Haven't told too many non Air Force'ians about that!

View attachment 21839
View attachment 21840
Neal and many of you who have commented are retired or active military. Thank you for your service.

I’ve been to a few and would love to go the Air Force Museum.
On the west coast the Evergreen Museum houses the Spruce Goose. I was there several years ago. They built the museum around the plane after they had it in place. There is an F100-PW-200 Pratt & Whitney engine on display out of an early F16 that I worked on when in the Air Force.

Warner Robins AFB also has a museum off of I75 in Macon Ga. It’s pretty nice as well. There is one plane on display called the PT-19. This plane was donated to the museum buy a guy named Benny Britt whom I knew when in high school. I had a summer job working at Stone Mtn Airport where he hangered the plane. When he found out that I joined the Air Force he gave a ride in it.

Looking forward to getting there myself. Maybe this summer. Was planning a stop there, but was diverted by

Latest resources

Back