Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Who has cooked with an Air Fryer and what are your experiences? I bought a Cosori Smart Wi-Fi Air Fryer as it was top rated on Amazon and used it for the second time tonight. First time I tried making fried chicken, my batter sucked so it wasn't so great but the chicken was actually good. Tonight I actually tried a hamburger in it as my grills are packed up and quite frankly this hamburger I got has bacon and cheese premixed in and it's not my fav and when I grilled the other one the other day it wasn't so great. So I figured I'd give the Air Fryer a try (it's really a weird name for a convection oven) and I have to say it came out pretty darned good! I'm thawing chicken wings I'm going to give a try based on @MapNerd's experience with it.

If you've used an Air Fryer, share your tips and experiences, good or bad.

My wife made BBQ ribs in it the other day!! Came out so much better than I ever thought could be possible.She pressure cooked them first, made her own BBQ sauce then air fried them to give them a nice crust. Awesome.

Sweet potato fries for the kids are a regular thing. Really easy. Slice, season, oil, in.

We’ve also done chicken breast in it and chicken strips as well. The instant pot is definitely the most used appliance and that air fryer lid gets worked put at least once per week, usually more...a lot more.

Yeah, I want to do sweet potato fries in it, watched some YouTube the other night on air frying.

Cooked a few things in the Ninja Foodi , most notable was small prime rib for Christmas dinner. Came out good, only issue is I wish I would have vented my microwave outside, probably would keep the Fire Alarm going off sometimes when we air fry........

Last night I got to use the Cosori Air Fryer once again. As I was grilling a steak in the Green Mountain Grills Davey Crocket pellet smoker I figured my fav of sweet potato fries would go with it. I typically cook these in the GE Advantium but decided to give the Air Fryer another go and a self-lesson and I have to say, it worked great. The real benefit was TIME. For me to cook the fries in the GE Advantium it would take probably 15-20 minutes to get up to temp then 20+ minutes to cook. The Air Fryer did the fries in 10 minutes! I used the preheat option to first bring the Air Fryer up to temp as recommended which takes maybe 3 minutes then cook your food. As it was faster than expected I had to use the keep warm function. They were delicious! My sister loves her Cosori I gave her (read below) and I'm beginning to see the value of this compact convection oven that everyone raves about.

Note: The one I originally bought was defective but Cosori demonstrated outstanding customer service. Two of the buttons on the front panel that control temp/time which you really don't need to use as you typically use the presets were not responding to touch. You can control the Air Fryer via the smartphone app over WiFi so it's also moot BUT I figured I paid good money, I should have one that works. As I didn't use it for the longest time to realize the problem I was outside of the Amazon return window so I contacted Cosori and they sent me a replacement. They did not ask for the defective one back so my sister wanted it and loves it.

I use air fryer a lot with fish. Elimanates the fried fish oders completly and although not as good as my deep fried fish its still pretty good and fast. The other is corn on the cob. Spray with pam and in 10 to 12 minutes just like you bbqed them.

Latest resources

Back