Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
What are your all time favorite campgrounds and why. What are your most memorable?

Absolutely impossible to pick one. Judy and I started to discuss this and realized we have been to so many spots that were perfect for many reasons. Some are magnificent for their views (Pacific Shores,Newport Oregon, Polson Motorcoach, Montana, Blue Water Keys, Florida, etc). Some for their perfect location (Moss Landing KOA, California, Victoria RV,Victoria, Peggy’s Cove Nova Scotia, Motor Coach Resort, Indio California). We have been to hundreds of great Rv parks, great for a mired of reasons........it’s all good!

Well, it's plural "campgrounds" so list your favs as you want.

It's amazing that in 3 years I've been to quite a few CG's and I know many were amazing but I can't remember many of them! Locally my fav standout is Luray KOA in the Luray Caverns area in western VA. Shenandoah mountains with a beautiful setting, so peaceful, I really enjoy it there.

Pelican Lake was a beautiful location albeit site owned and very expensive, but Naples FL is a great destination I may be returning to this coming winter.

This thread is one I'm sure I'll be coming back to post as I think of the places that stood out to me.

For us, campgrounds are usually more memorable for the surrounding places they have allowed us to see. I suppose the one exception would be Polson Motorcoach Resort because we own a lot there. Otherwise, as @J&JD posted, it is hard to pick any one park on its own merits.

TJ

Haven't been to that many different ones, but Bryn Mawr Resort at St. Augustine Fl. is really nice. Well, the ocean front spots are, but wouldn't want to be in the middle area!

Every one I go to is great because l’m there. Lol. Kidding, but we remember a a plane in Jackson Wy and getting up hearing a pack of wolves howling. They sounded like they were right outside.

Hands down, Bluewater Key. Nothing like it that I have experienced.

Poncho's Pond Campground, Ludington Michigan. A bit expensive for me. Both times I was there I was on a concrete pad, which I prefer to grass or gravel, but won't usually pay extra for. The bathrooms are kept super clean. The park is laid out very nicely, with paved roads. Very nice quiet atmosphere.

Elkhart Campground - very clean bathrooms. This is a very basic campground with full hookups. semi gravel sites, quite level. The owners are fantastic and there are worship services on Sunday, right on the grounds.

Our favorite in PA is Ives Run in Tioga, PA which is north central nearly in NY State. It is an Army Corp of Engineers campground so if you have the Lifetime Membership to the National Parks system, it costs all of $20 per night for full hook-ups, a paved site, plenty of room to maneuver around the campground in our 41' coach. There are trees, a lake, fishing, hiking trails, and clean bathrooms. This picture was from our site looking towards the lake.
IMG_2570.jpeg

Our favorite in PA is Ives Run in Tioga, PA which is north central nearly in NY State. It is an Army Corp of Engineers campground so if you have the Lifetime Membership to the National Parks system, it costs all of $20 per night for full hook-ups, a paved site, plenty of room to maneuver around the campground in our 41' coach. There are trees, a lake, fishing, hiking trails, and clean bathrooms. This picture was from our site looking towards the lake.View attachment 3511
Is this open to then non- military public?

Latest resources

Back