Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
@redbaron started a thread which is not what's your favorite campground but to highlight campgrounds that have gone above and beyond in whatever way such as customer service, accommodating a special need, etc.

I'd like to start a different spin which is: What is your all time favorite campground?

You can pick ONE, one campground that is your all time favorite, most memorable, etc. This should also help serve for those looking for places to go to consider a new destination based on favorites listed here. I'll "sticky" this thread and @redbaron's to the top of this forum to make it easy to find when you want to add your vote.

For me it has to be The Glades RV Resort and Marina in Moore Haven Florida.
That's why after staying there we took out a yearly lease and go back there every winter. It's not for everybody since it's 15 miles away from the nearest grocery store and approx. 40 miles from Ft. Myers for people who have to be near a city. But we've lived in the country all our lives and that's what we like.

9 hole par 36 golf course and driving range on the property I can walk to from my site although I take my own golf cart.
Right on the Caloosahatchee River with a marina, they take in large vessels who are going across Florida from the Atlantic to the Gulf, but also have bank parking for smaller craft. I'm taking my 19 ft i/o down and leaving it there but I probably won't get to it this year because of all the things I'm doing to get the recently acquired Monaco ready for the trip.
Boat and trailer storage yard with a mechanics shop, haven't used it so can't say if it's good or not.
I'm able to leave my 16 ft box trailer on my lot with my golf cart and other things inside.

Sheriff's gun range 2 miles away, open to public if you have a permit or a safety course certificate.
An open field to play ball with the dog.
Activity center with a pool table.
Resort steakhouse/restaurant on the river.
And the normal things which we don't participate in or use, swimming pool, hot tub, pickleball, shuffleboard, petanque (whatever that is), cornhole and bean bag baseball tourneys.

I pay around $4000 a year for my lease plus electricity.
tgr_rates_sitemap.jpg

@redbaron started a thread which is not what's your favorite campground but to highlight campgrounds that have gone above and beyond in whatever way such as customer service, accommodating a special need, etc.

I'd like to start a different spin which is: What is your all time favorite campground?

You can pick ONE, one campground that is your all time favorite, most memorable, etc. This should also help serve for those looking for places to go to consider a new destination based on favorites listed here. I'll "sticky" this thread and @redbaron's to the top of this forum to make it easy to find when you want to add your vote.
Motorcoach Country Club | Indio RV Resort | Motorcoach Resort in Palm Springs. Indio, CA

I am with @J&JD on motorcoach country club. It’s the only resort/park where the DW did not want to go home when we went the first time.
Tug Of War Fight GIF by Biteable

Tough question for us. Like @Fish, we fell for a place and bought in. Olde Beau Motor Coach Resort, but it's not a campground in the sense that I think you are asking about. We spend the majority of our season there. For next year, Jim's place (Deer Springs RV Park) is the only place enticing enough to coax us out of our place. When we left DW was adamant about ensuring we booked again for a longer stay.

We generally use state parks and national parks, thus avoiding commercial campgrounds. Here in TN most all state parks are very nice, have full facilities, and are well maintained. They boast reasonable prices as well. We have "senior memberships" for the National Parks. It is hard to beat $10 to $25 per night. Of course, there are limited facilities, but if I wanted full facilities, I'd stay home.

Based on our short experience of a little over a year, our favorite so far is Shenandoah Crossing in Gordonsville, VA. They have cabins, yurts and of course RV sites. Little over 1,000 acres with equestrian setup, barn, rolling hills pasture, trails, woods, riding, 60 acre lake. Couple miles of roads.
RV sites are nice with landscaping to help provide some separation.

A3A7758C-6BAD-4399-8367-7C34836D5880.jpeg

Attachments

• 41B58272-F05B-4ABD-8D0C-8ABA19084673.jpeg
    41B58272-F05B-4ABD-8D0C-8ABA19084673.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 20
Our favourites are more about location than the actual campground so anything nice with good amenities in the Canadian Rockies or Kootenay mountains.

Latest resources

Back