• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Always something coming apart..???

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
On the bright side, while Ive been sitting for five days performing repairs and waiting for parts, diesel has dropped .40/gal at the local Mobil. Was $6.19 when I got here, then I noticed it was $5.99, and today it is $5.79. And when Im done with all my work, Ill need about 85 or 90 gallons.

I can go to Phoenix or Eugene but so far I've not found anything closer.
If you want it done right @Scooterfan set up an appointment at Rv Glass Solutions in Coburg. It takes two days but they will let you stay in the coach. Besides, it’s a nice trip to a nice area. We are going in October to have our cracked windshield replaced. They are booked several months out BTW.

My sympathy's!

Have had this coach 2 years, 9 months. Did FPU, Thank goodness. 3 small issues.......UNTIL

We left on this 6,500 mile trip.
Fifth day, driver's power window quits. RV tech gets it back up, thinks it's a bad switch.
Sixth day, get ready to leave, no dash A/C, no rear camera, mirrors don't work, and steps won't come in.
Call Newmar, they have me checking fuses, pull a 5 Amp, & steps start working. Steps "IN", crank generator, turn on A/C's, hit the road.
Seventh day. Get to Kansas City, call an RV Tech (Tom w/Happy Campers RV Repair), gets it all fixed. A $5.88 Relay, fixed everything. Took a hour to figure it out! Was I happy!:)
Eighth day to Eleventh day......all is well!
Twelfth Day, get to Laramie Wyoming, in the site, go to level Coach, dang pressure line to right front level ruptures! Spews "ATF" all underneath the Coach. RV Tech comes by, verifies that's the problem, but he cannot fix it!
So on to Rock Springs in two more days, and hopefully get Newmar Techs to repair/replace while there for 7 days.
What an adventure so far!

Hoping all will stay together as we venture into South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, & back to Wyoming. A 21 day adventure! Then begins the long trek back East through Amarillo, Oklahoma City, then Southeast to Gulf Breeze, Florida. Finally back to St. Augustine in September.

Guess the enjoyment of use, accompanies the frustration of ownership! Welcome to the "RV WORLD"!😎

Ah yes...Coburg (not Eugene). That's who I've spoken to and got quotes from, but it is a trek. Perhaps we'll just have to make a trip out of it. Your advice is sound I think. Thanks for the response.

Ah yes...Coburg (not Eugene). That's who I've spoken to and got quotes from, but it is a trek. Perhaps we'll just have to make a trip out of it. Your advice is sound I think. Thanks for the response.
Go out the the coast, visit Florence, take a tourist buggy ride on the dunes. Make it a fun trip. I might have mine done in Nappane if the stars align. Otherwise Coburg sounds like a plan.

Isn’t a trek what our rvs are made for?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back