• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Amazon Prime

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
If you cancel please track your shipping costs for 365 days and see what that is. To me it's worth it for shipping costs alone.
I still find free shipping helpful, but definitely slower. We live near a Whole Foods, and I do part of my shopping there. I get some decent discounts being a Prime customer. Every little bit helps these days. Judy D

We dropped Amazon a few years ago, then once we started full-timing we added it back.

But the ever increasing cost and the decreasing relative benefits has us reconsidering again. Like Jim said, other online merchant platforms typically have equal or cheaper pricing. Also, on Amazon or Walmart, even without member benefits, if the total order $ is over a certain threshold the shipping is free and usually 2-3 days.

We do use the Amazon Prime video some, but the music and Kindle book benefits are extremely limited and effectively function as a cheap/limited give away in order to entice you to buy the unlimited monthly plan.

I doubt I'll ever convince my wife to give up Prime so I'm just trying to watch as many shows and movies as I can on Prime Video to try to try my money's worth.

I can't see any advantage to prime. As a full timer (off grid) I must know the shipper to give an address. Recently I had to go 15 miles out of my way to pick up a gift sent using Amazon. What an inconvenience, I don't look to complain when someone sends me something, but the facts are the facts.

I spend what it takes. I compare price including shipping. I then order local as long as the price is close.

What is the old saying? If you have to ask the price, you have told everyone you can't afford it!!!

I'm a member and have next day shipping most of the time.... It helps that we have a distribution center here.

-okievet

I don't have prime and only choose the free shipping option, being close to a distribution center gets everything to me in 3 days most of the time.

Latest resources

Back