Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

KMather8

RVF Newbee
Any 30-year old (ish) out there that is considering purchasing an RV rather than continuing to rent, or purchasing a home? Rentals and homes are $$ untouchable in my area and I’m thinking about purchasing a Living Vehicle* or Airstream until markets ‘stabilize.’ Thoughts? The Lot is part of family land, so that’s not an issue.

Any 30-year old (ish) out there that is considering purchasing an RV rather than continuing to rent, or purchasing a home? Rentals and homes are $$ untouchable in my area and I’m thinking about purchasing a Living Vehicle* or Airstream until markets ‘stabilize.’ Thoughts? The Lot is part of family land, so that’s not an issue.
If only one or two people that would work. We spend at least 4 months a year in our 28' tt and no problems. Now if two people are involved I would suggest an awning. A great get away because too much togetherness can be a problem.

I was recently in my 30's (over 38 years ago), but I'll chime in anyway. As full time travelers we visit many States each year but there are several locations we always spend 3 weeks or more in for visiting family (Colorado, Illinois, Alabama), then of course we return to our home State of Florida for the winter.

In the Denver and Ft Collins area we have found that there are a lot of younger people doing exactly what you are asking about. The price of purchasing a home or even renting a decent place is so expensive out there. We see less of that in Florida, some around Mobile.

I think it is a great idea in today's market if you can find the right RV at the right price. The biggest factor in my opinion would be where you are located. If you are attempting to do this in northern Michigan then there will be challenges. If you are doing it in a milder climate then it will obviously be easier.

Latest resources

Back