• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Andersen Ultimate Hitch Failure?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Mine mounts in the turnover ball cut out and I find it ideal since Im just as likely to haul a goose neck horse trailer as a 5th wheel. Seems like a very stout system to me and very convenient. Not familiar with the puck system.

Attachments

• 712A6AFC-1710-4FFC-B662-A168A6CF63F7.jpeg
    712A6AFC-1710-4FFC-B662-A168A6CF63F7.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 73273B21-54C8-4CD9-A384-A9AA1EAA0EA7.jpeg
    73273B21-54C8-4CD9-A384-A9AA1EAA0EA7.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
Mine mounts in the turnover ball cut out and I find it ideal since Im just as likely to haul a goose neck horse trailer as a 5th wheel. Seems like a very stout system to me and very convenient. Not familiar with the puck system.
Same for me. 3 of my trailers are goose neck, and 1 is 5th wheel. I love the b&w setup and simplicity.

FYI you don’t have to take the bed off to install this but it does make it easier and my bed was off anyway. Had the truck for six whole days and someone dragged a trailer into it at home depot. So a brand new truck was off to the body shop and I fgured it was a good time to do this. They installed it for me because I wasnt allowed to work there, did an expert job cutting the hole in the bed (it’s perfect!) and didnt charge me anything for it. Can’t ask for better service than that. But the point is, the system is designed to install with the bed still on the truck.

I got a response this morning to the email I sent Andersen asking about the hitch failures. I thought I would attach a screenshot of it here for everyone to see. I'm sure what he is saying is true and mathematically it is a very small percentage of hitches that fail. But that
isn't enough to change my mind. I've decided to go with the B&W Companion that fits the factory puck system on my truck.
Screenshot_20220523-141610_Yahoo Mail.jpg

I've never used an Anderson Hitch and I don't have a dog in this fight but I agree with the guy from Anderson..............the failures are probably due to somebody not installing it properly or a trailer that was severely over loaded.

I've argued till I'm blue in the face with idiots on RV forums that are telling everyone that you don't need a 3500 truck to haul a 45' 5th wheel camper that weighs (as far as they know) almost 20,000 lbs. because they've been using their 1500 or 2500 and "never had a problem". o_O I've given up. People will not listen to reason and will not pay attention to the numbers. They assume if the truck will pull it at all it's just fine. They never factor in the panic stop or anything out of the ordinary and THAT is when the hitch breaks or the truck crashes. So if a hitch company has ANY failures I would throw out the first 5% as idiots that caused their own failures. So if Anderson only has .0001% failures then I think that's a miracle. BTW...........we use B&W hitches on the commercial trucks that we sell. They work great.

Latest resources

Back