Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Malibucharli

RVF Regular
Has anyone used these Anderson 5th wheels? Pros or cons? The dealer gave us a discount and is installing it for free basically.

Attachments

• 2D10E025-186A-4C97-A853-E974BCFD79A4.png
    2D10E025-186A-4C97-A853-E974BCFD79A4.png
    340.7 KB · Views: 18
I haven't used one, but in other forums they seemed pretty good. I used a Goose neck adapter on my 5th wheel since my 2017 Titan XD came with a goose neck hitch from the factory. It is a little bit harder to connect to the trailer with a goose neck as I could not see the hitch. What I did was mark a center line on the tailgate and bed of the truck, then mounted a GoPro camera looking down on the trailer side of the hitch. Using the GoPro app on my phone or ipad I could backup and follow the center line. Once I was over the ball I stopped. Worked every time and did not need extra eyes. It looks like your adapter is much higher so you may not have the problem I did. AS far as towing goes, it did not feel much different they the regular pin type hitch. If you could I would go with one of the air ride hitch for the trailer. I had one of those on a previous trailer and it made a big difference.
20171121_165131.jpgHItch.jpg

I’ll inquire about your system today when I go down to the RV dealership. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bad thing about the GN adapter is that most places will use that as an excuse to void the frame warranty. I have heard mostly good things about the Andersen hitch. There was some chatter about the frame of the hitch bending in adverse conditions, but I have no experience with it.

The bad thing about the GN adapter is that most places will use that as an excuse to void the frame warranty. I have heard mostly good things about the Andersen hitch. There was some chatter about the frame of the hitch bending in adverse conditions, but I have no experience with it.

I asked about the warranty and they assured me it wouldn’t avoid the warranty. My brother in law had the same concerns about towing in the mountains but we will mostly be on state highways and state roads. We get the hitch for free so I’m gonna ask them about paying extra for an upgrade. This is my first 5th wheel. I’ve pulled goosenecks and bumper trailers daily. Always nice to know as much info as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, for free???? That must be nice!! Good for you!

I know this is late, and I hope it all worked out for you.

I have the Andersen Ultimate, and it works and rides flawlessly, as you probably know by now. I like how clean it is, how easy it is to hitch and unhitch, and how dead easy it is to pull the hitch out of the truck when not towing! Beats an expensive slider fifth hitch any day!

Latest resources

Back