DSDP 4326
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
ISL 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Winnebago ERA 70A or 2012 Ford Taurus
Every time I think I have figured out how AGS works, I discover not really.

I had my start voltage set to 11.8. I set it there based on some information I gleaned from another discussion on this board. That made sense due to spikey power needs when using microwave, coffee maker, etc.

So, I was making coffee and suddenly the coffee maker quit, along with everything else running off the inverter. I looked at my inverter remote and found it had a “low battery” fault at 12.2v. Mind=blown.

If that is going to happen at 12.2v, why would I set the AGS start at anything less than that?

Last edited:
What is your Low Battery Cutoff Voltage (LBCO) set to? If it's higher than AGS then AGS won't trigger.

My Keurig would spike it hard so I had LBCO set to 11.0. AGS when paired to a BMK (battery monitor kit) that gives State of Charge (SOC) is a much better setup as it doesn't trigger on spikes as it's a steadier reading of battery state.

I looked at my inverter remote and found it had a “low voltage” fault at 12.2v. Mind=blown.
If it blew your mind, your brain is obviously pulling too much power from the inverter😝.

What is your Low Battery Cutoff Voltage (LBCO) set to? If it's higher than AGS then AGS won't trigger.

My Keurig would spike it hard so I had LBCO set to 11.0. AGS when paired to a BMK (battery monitor kit) that gives State of Charge (SOC) is a much better setup as it doesn't trigger on spikes as it's a steadier reading of battery state.
Oh jeez. I’m going to have to look at settings somewhere. Oy.

I have my AGS set to start at 12.2v. Call Mangum, they will walk you through the complete setup.

Our 22 Superstar is set to 12.2 on the low voltage start for the AGS.

For those using 12.2 for AGS or even LBCO, in my opinion, unsolicited, for what it's worth, blah blah blah...it's too high. Look at the battery chart online for your battery type. The typical goal is not letting it go below 50%, which is probably conservative. Find your voltage for 50% and consider that number, higher or lower, your call. But for most Class A owners, it's moot, you're plugged in 98% of the time.

When I had issues with my AGS, I called Magnum, and 12.2v was their recommendation for my wet cell batteries.

Latest resources

Back