DSDP 4326
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
ISL 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Winnebago ERA 70A or 2012 Ford Taurus
I have an issue with the switches controlling my water pump. I have a total of five switches including the one within the touchscreen over the driver’s area.

The touchscreen is the only one which works properly. Three others are in kib wall switches (illuminate but don’t turn anything on/off), and a fourth one is rocker switch in the wet bay that is inoperable.

I opened up the ominous black box of wires and stuff in the half bath and found a circuit board which I think is at the heart of the issue. It has a relay labeled “Water Pump” with a small green LED beside it. When I press the pump wall switch, the relay clicks and the LED illuminates but goes out as soon as I remove my finger from the switch. When the other relays are “on”, their LEDs remain illuminated.

I suspect that relay is bad and have ordered one from Amazon. They’re cheap. Amazon.com

Sanity check please. Does this sound like a feasible approach?

Attachments

• IMG_1847.jpeg
    IMG_1847.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1846.jpeg
    IMG_1846.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1844.jpeg
    IMG_1844.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1842.jpeg
    IMG_1842.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 9
Before all the electronic switches the water pump used a latching controller, do you have one of these?
1719699232499.png

If I do, I have not run across it yet.

If you have one, it would be close to the water pump.

I’ll see what I can find tomorrow.

I would try to get the part number of the KIB panel and search for an installation manual online. This may be the all-in one controller for the water pump...replacing the Intellitec C-storm controller before the touchscreen generation.

Is there not a KIB manual in your owners bag?

KIB has always been highly secretive. There is remarkably little information of value - basically they tell you how to push the buttons and how to calibrate the screen. It’s a major disappointment since so much relies on that system

I wonder if Newgle shares any details. Certainly, the coach makers have access to guidance more detailed than push a button. Someone has to fix this stuff...it always breaks.

I called American Tech Components (acquired KIB) tech support this morning and spoke with a gentleman to whom I owe copious amounts of his favorite beverage.

Being an electronic know-nothing, I was chasing the wrong rabbit. The issue was a dislodged wire from a circuit board in the cord reel bay. Once I found it and plugged it back in, I was good as gold.

Thanks also to @flyboy013, who pointed me to some circuit board drawings.

Electronics is hard.

Latest resources

Back