Forest River
RV Model
Salem FSX 270RTK-X
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2022 Ford Expedition Timberline
Fulltimer
Yes
Just got our forwarded mail yesterday. There were two notices, one from North Trail and one from FL reference a recall on a power distribution module that effects the rear lighting. According to the FL notice they will send a second letter when the parts are available.

I would swear that this same issue was a recall last year.

I would swear that this same issue was a recall last year.

Yes, it is related but now they are going to replace all of the affected PDM's instead of just rely on inspection from what I read. Moral is the recall says it's going to happen but not sure when (read: how long will it take china to make them).

It would be okay with me if they didn't have the new PDM's available until around next June or July. Would be convenient to just have it done during my next annual PM.

That's my plan. Next visit to Gaffney I'll ask for it to be done then. I'm scheduled for next September. Mine works fine. Good reminder, I need to let them know.

I too received the "Interim Recall Notice" letter from Freightliner. Campaign FL856-Z. NHTSA #20V-404. Alerting that there will be a second letter for details on actions to take.

Interesting to note, that the PDM was already replaced last year under recall FL788-B, NHTSA #18V-582. The original tested bad, it was replaced and now this letter. I'll just wait and see...that's all we can do.

Attached is the NHTSA PDF Safety recall report.

Attachments

• RCLRPT-20V404-8199.PDF
    212.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
This seems like the same recall 20V421 from July. I'm still waiting for FL to notify they have the parts ready...
Not sure why this is a different recall #, but they may vary based on brand?
Original thread for 20V421:

Anyone hear anything recently on the PDM recall?

Latest resources

Back