• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Another Hurricane Brewing

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@GlampDaddy since you seem to be a hurricane attractor, do us Texans a favor and don't come here until well after hurricane season and I mean well after. Thank you.

Last edited:
Clermont is quite a distance from the west coast where there will be massive damage. Yea, hearing the constant repeated news on it gets tiring but despite that and the mandatory evacuation from where we are up and above Tampa folks will stay and add to the post storm difficulty. We will be playing in traffic I’m sure heading east. Going to try staying on 41 if it looks clearer than 75.

Be safe everyone who’s affected and please don’t stay put. As they say “Hide from wind and run from water”
52 miles as the crow flies.

The storm is now predicted to enter the Atlantic as a Category 1 so she will still be affected somewhat so she shouldn’t ignore it. Better to do some prep and end up not needing it than to do nothing and wish you
did. Be safe everyone!

Roads are filling up with evacuees

1728391089210.png

According to GasBuddy fuel availability App feature, there is fuel available. Checked in the area of Tampa and Ocala, no problems.

When the hurricane gets closer the may turn the interstate to one way only. I’ve see it done a few times.

Roomer has it, before next month arrives florida faces a forced evacuation for several counties!!!

My nightly downloads confirm that roomer.

What a time to head west for the season. Just remember you can vote early, and hand your ballot in directly to the authorities as one of your preparations!!!
That would be a great plan, except early in person voting hasn't started yet in Florida.

It is easy to "Monday morning quarterback" what folks in different parts of Florida should or shouldn't do with the approaching storm.

Each Florida county has updated their evac notices and are on top of local issues. The worse place for anyone living in Florida to get weather related news is the Weather Channel IMHO. The more they can sensationize the situation the more viewers they can collect.

We have lived down here for over 10 years. Prior to that my Mother lived in Florida for 30 years. We understand that when these major hurricanes are coming you have to not only prepare your homes but you have to finalize more than one plan. As we continue to monitor the storms path we have two different evacuation plans ready depending on landfall 100 miles south of Tampa or 100 miles north of Tampa. None of those evacuation plans involve sitting on I-75 in traffic.

Neighbors of ours (Canadian snowbirds) left this morning to drive their pickup down close to Miami to stay a few days while Milton passes. They are experienced 5th wheel RVers. He won't make the run down there on I-75 but instead use State Routes and county roads. Between his truck's tank and an extra fuel container he can go to his destination and back to our area without fueling. You have to be smart about when you evacuate and how you evacuate.

Well, stations as far north as Cordele GA on 75 are having to shutdown fuel pumps due to storage tank level.

They came around to let even know just in case we needed fuel.

They said that drivers are having to bypass Tifton Loves due to them having to shutdown as well.

I’d stay as topped off as you can when you can if traveling in the storm path.

Continuing to be interesting even before it gets here.

Latest resources

Back